Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Body Background
Traprock
Posted: October 24, 2010 06:52 pm
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,355

Hi Coiners,

in the Classic (or any non-cantex theme) how do I make page area excluding background all the one color. I mean not have the background color intrude/show through the main defined page area.

Specifically, unless the columns are the same length, the shorter one, usually the one with the menu blocks, but not always, will have the background color show in the gap.

So is there somewhere to define a color for the main table, or another workaround?

TIA
PM
lightman
Posted: October 24, 2010 07:06 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Search and replace the background colour you are trying to change in the css file for the theme you are using

(e.g. In the earthtone theme, there are 9 entries to change to get the left/right menus and body etc.. etc.. all to one colour smile.gif )

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
Traprock
Posted: October 25, 2010 07:00 am
Quote Post

Thanks Lightman,
I don't think i explained what I want very well. I have already done that.

Now pretty much all my page is #ffffff, and the only other is the actual background #ebebeb. This is the first line in the css, and the only reference to that color in the css sheet. So if change that too my whole page will white out, not what I am after.

I want to maintain the background color, and have everything else white. However, because the menu blocks in the 1st column don't go down as far as the second or main body column, below the menu blocks shows as the background color and spoils the continuity.

If it could be one nice neat white square, that would be grouse.
Maybe it can't be done?

This post has been edited by Traprock on October 25, 2010 07:01 am
PM
lightman
Posted: October 25, 2010 01:11 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Send me your css file and tell me what theme you are using - I don't really have any idea what you are trying to achieve sad.gif

--------------------
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
Traprock
Posted: October 26, 2010 03:32 am
Quote Post

Lightman,

not sure if you mean post it here, but here it is. Theme is classic. My work-in-progress is hostedsafe.com, but most other coin sites look the same - the background color shows through in places. If there was an underlying table for the whole content area I could apply color to, that would fix it. But I can't find it.

css removed for users security
PM
lightman
Posted: October 26, 2010 11:22 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

From what I can see on your site and on tests I have done

In the css file for your theme, change
CODE
td { font-weight: normal; font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva; padding: 0px }
for
CODE
td { font-weight: normal; font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva; background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 0px }
I think that will give you what you are looking for if I understand correctly smile.gif

--------------------
PM
Traprock
Posted: October 26, 2010 04:34 pm
Quote Post

THAT'S IT!

Legend!

Hours and hours of trial and much error trumped by a knowledgeable cut and paste.

Thanks and thanks.
PM
lightman
Posted: October 26, 2010 04:43 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

If you use firefox (recommended) install the 'Web Developer' Extention - it has many handy features including utilities to outline block level elements and get any information on them - an easy way to see what area of the page you are trying to work on and if it is defined by an id (in css) etc smile.gif

It also has a feature that allows you to edit the html or css on the rendered page so you can try out stuff before committing them to file.

--------------------
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com