Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> dana7 Simplex
netimports
  Posted: June 06, 2010 06:09 pm
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 4,235

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has a copy of Dana7's Simplex theme? I've been looking all over the web but can't seem to find it and dana7's website where it was hosted doesn't have the phpcoin themes anymore.

Thanks

PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: June 06, 2010 06:59 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I am sorry you cannot find the 7dana themes.

These themes were originally commercial themes that 7dana then licensed to cantex to distribute free of charge by the previous company that owned phpCOIN.

When phpCOIN was acquired by the current owners, no transfer of title or rights regarding the 7dana themes was established, so they were removed from the downloads page.

Given that these themes were written for a much earlier version of phpCOIN and really need considerable work to bring them up-do-date anyway, I should be reluctant to distribute them now even if 7dana were to give me authority to do so smile.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
nootkan
Posted: June 08, 2010 11:53 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,017

It seems to me that once the license has been granted and they are placed in the public domain they should still be free to use by phpcoin no matter who owns the software should they not. I'm no lawyer but unless the license states explicitly that only cantex has the right to use them, I don't see why 7 dana would object to others using them as they were intended to be used. I have all the themes on file and had been working on them in my spare time to try and make them work with the newer versions of phpcoin so I hope that when or if I can upgrade them I will still be able to use them. Not being a php guru it is no easy task for me. Let me know if I should stop Lightman as I don't want to offend anyone or be liable for anything unknowingly.
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: June 09, 2010 05:27 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

The 7dana themes were never 'placed in the public domain' as far as I am aware.

I see no reason why you should not use (or even modify) a 7dana theme provided you adhere to any Terms and Agreements contained in the theme. eg
You are allowed to use this template only if you agree to the following conditions:
1. You may not remove the "Design by 7dana.com" footer text without our permission.
2. You cannot resell, redistribute or rebrand this template without our permission.

Now - since I do NOT have any permission to redistribute the templates from 7dana - I am not making them available for download - it's all very simple smile.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com