phpCOIN

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sponsor Banner in Header, How to?
goplugit
Posted: April 22, 2010 04:13 am
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 4,214

I searched for this but couldn't find anything specific... just a mix up between adsense and analytics unsure.gif

I want to place a sponsor banner to the right of the header logo using the coolblue template.

I've had a play with parameters etc, but don't really know what i'm doing so don't want to stuff it up. I also tried placing sponsor code directly.

I'm obviously fairly new to working with php.

Cheers,

PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: April 22, 2010 04:46 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

phpCOIN v1.6.5

You can add your code to the 'function do_page_top_block' of the ~/coin_themes/coolblue/core.php file

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
goplugit
Posted: April 22, 2010 06:40 am
Quote Post

Thank you but i think my knowledge is one level below that.

Where exactly in that section do i add the code ?

A seperate header.php or footer.php i could manage - not sure on these more advanced (for some) call functions...

PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: April 22, 2010 07:45 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

phpCOIN v1.6.5

I do feel for you, PHP is a steep learning curve sad.gif

The 'function do_page_top_block' essentially creates a table (based on what admin parameters have been enabled/disabled) and generates 2 <td> (table cells) - the first of which contains the logo (and edit icon if enabled), and the second of which contains the date (if enabled).

I am really sorry, but you will understand that this forum cannot start to write custom code for each of the (around) 30,000 phpCOIN users, or teach PHP or indeed any coding. We have neither the time, nor the resources for that, and there are plenty of other forums out there on the internet that do smile.gif

I would suggest you experiment with the code (having made suitable backups of the original files first !!!!) and if you make a mistake that results in a white screen (parse error), consult your PHP error logs (don't ask me where they are - its your server, and possibly you wont have access to them anyway if you are on a shared server) and/or restore your backed up file to get it wrong and need to back to a working system biggrin.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
goplugit
Posted: April 22, 2010 08:16 am
Quote Post

Thanks lightman,

Your hints above worked... I failed to ensure the "Date" was switched on in the parameters which must have blocked the cell content altogether.

www.goplugit.com

Not bad for a learner wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com