Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Making Pages Static
nootkan
Posted: October 20, 2009 03:48 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,017

Is it possible to change the layout to static instead of expanding to fit the browser? I see that you use javascript to accomplish this, but I know nothing about javascript. I am trying to make an image work in my header by using three images sliced up but when the pages are viewed in my lap top for example there is a big white space between the header and the logo. I've tried changing the spacer images to reflect my background but that didn't work. I have also tried to change the 100% width to 75% etc to change the size of the site and that didn't work either.
I am modding the cantex theme and using version 1.65.
PMEmail Poster
nootkan
Posted: October 20, 2009 03:52 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Forgot to add a url to view. Tried to edit my previous post but couldn't find the button to do so. Sorry for the bump.
You can view my temp site here for now.
http://www.vanislebc.com/billing
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: October 20, 2009 04:09 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

You could play about with the following in the theme core.php file

around line 322 change
CODE
$_out .= "  <table cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" border=\"0\" width=\"775\">\n";

to
CODE
$_out .= "  <table cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" border=\"0\" width=\"100%\">\n";

and around line 347 change
CODE
$_out .= "  <table cellpadding=\"5\" cellspacing=\"0\" border=\"0\" width=\"775\">\n";

to
CODE
$_out .= "  <table cellpadding=\"5\" cellspacing=\"0\" border=\"0\" width=\"100%\">\n";

You also may need to play with the settings in Admin > parameters > group=theme subgroup=package (The table widths) to ensure you don't get any peculiar displays on different resolutions or javascript settings

You may need to adjust for a different % or even fixed width to suit what you are trying to do - this worked well for me with a fadedblue_gradient.gif that was configured to be much wider - and still kept all the left and top background image aligned irrespective of having javascript enabled or disabled in the browser - you could then rem out or delete the lines that are calling the javascript (but watch for the .= the first line should only have an = so you may have to modify the first unremed line)

Disadvantage of this - if you use fixed width - you may get peculiar display on different browser resolutions
If you use % - your images may become un-aligned at different browser resolutions
Either may result in strange behavior/layout if a user re-sizes their text in the browser

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
nootkan
Posted: October 20, 2009 07:02 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

lightman, thanks for all your help, however I've come to the conclusion that no matter what I do I cannot achieve what I want without breaking something somewhere. I've tried your suggestions, even tried making the wrapper function work and cannot seem to get my site to stop expanding to different browser sizes. I'm going back to my original css styled site (only took 3 days to create) for now as I've spent seven days trying to get the theme right using phpcoin. Maybe I'll stop by another time to see if version 2 is available as it sounds like more my speed.
PMEmail Poster
nootkan
Posted: October 24, 2009 03:38 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Lightman, after some time away I figured I may as well give this a go again as I have a bit more time this week. How do I change the height of the top table accross all three columns where the logo and header reside? I tried adding height to the above lines of code in your previous post but none of those did the job.
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: October 24, 2009 03:52 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

You would have to modify the height to the TR of the row you are trying to modify - the code above is the overall width of the table.

Around line 326
CODE
$_out .= '&nbsp;</td></tr><tr height="75">';

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com