phpCOIN

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My logo is not showing, Logo
Jenna
Posted: May 29, 2009 06:44 pm
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,857

Hi
I have now been trying for the pass 2 days to add my logo, I have read how to do it and have many times then I updated to 1.6 the newset upgrade!

I have added the file (logo0 to the themes then I go in to admin>Parameters>themes>packages> then I go in to "Header: Logo Filename" Edit
I add my image file name in to Value:
then save

But all that comes up is a red X

PLEASE help what i'm I doing worng!

MANY THANKS in advance!!
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: May 29, 2009 07:12 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Tested OK on phpCOINv1.6.1 default themes

Ensure your logo file is in the ~/coin_themes/<your_selected_theme>/images folder

Then define it in Admin > parameters > group=theme subgroup=package >

Header: Logo Filename
Filename for logo that is located in /images directory for each theme

You will have to refresh your page to display your logo (you may need to clear your browser cache as well)

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
Jenna
Posted: May 30, 2009 06:42 am
Quote Post

Hi thanks for your help BUT its still not working....

I have done what you said, but still no!

Here what I have in:

Parameter ID: 249
Group: Theme
Subgroup: Package
Type: S
Name: _FILENAME_LOGO_HEADER_
Description: Header:logo filename
VALUE:splogo.gif

I have my logo (splogo.gif) in ~/coin_themes/<your_selected_theme>/images folder

Sorry for this i'm new at all this! But MANY MANY THANKS!
PMEmail Poster
Jenna
Posted: May 30, 2009 11:45 am
Quote Post

still not got a logo working guys, i'd really be gratefull for some more help
PMEmail Poster
maureena
Posted: May 30, 2009 12:07 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,856

What I did was name my new logo the same as the program uses and just copied over it.

So my unique logo is renamed to: logo_phpcoin.gif

and I put it into the wanted theme's image folder

--------------------
>M<
Mande Web Design
"Lets US put YOU on the web today!"
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lightman
Posted: May 30, 2009 12:21 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Jenna, check that the logo file is being called (right click on the logo and see properties - eg the original one shows as
CODE
http://my.phpcoin.com/coin_themes/cantex/images/logo_phpcoin.gif
) and that the file permissions for your new logo are correct.

--------------------
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
Jenna
Posted: May 30, 2009 01:58 pm
Quote Post

Ok i assume you mean click the little cross where the logo should be? if right i get

http://MY DOMAIN/coin_themes/cantex/images/

without the logo name at end, so i assume thats my problem? now any more help to get me a logo??? oh and i dont understand the permissions settings?

And maureena i tried your idea yesturday and still did not get a logo to show

Thanks again all
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: May 30, 2009 02:07 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

* Does the file exist in ~/coin_themes/cantex/images/ ?

* Does the file have the correct permissions set ?

* Is the correct filename defined in Admin > parameters > group=theme subgroup=package >

Header: Logo Filename
Filename for logo that is located in /images directory for each theme ?

--------------------
PM
Jenna
Posted: May 30, 2009 10:48 pm
Quote Post

Does the file exist in ~/coin_themes/cantex/images/ ?

Yes

* Does the file have the correct permissions set ?

I assume so, 644?

* Is the correct filename defined in Admin > parameters > group=theme subgroup=package >

yes, its called splogo.gif on the ~/coin_themes/cantex/images/ file and that what ive put in there too and yes its in each theme!

Im tearing my hair out now, please any other advice please please help?
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: May 31, 2009 12:50 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

Does the file have the correct permissions set ?

I assume so, 644?

We do not know. The permissions required are specific to your sever, not to phpCOIN.
What are the permissions required by your server to display images?

Most times 644 will work, but you may need to go 666 or some combo in between. What are the permissions on the other images in the /coin_themes/cantex/images directory? Make your logo permissions match.
Does the "owner" also match?

When you get a "placeholder" for an image (on any website, not just phpCOIN) it is because either the image does not exist OR the permissions are wrong on the web-server.

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
Jenna
Posted: May 31, 2009 01:21 pm
Quote Post

Ive set the image for logo the same as the rest, and everything else shows up exect the logo
Does the "owner" also match? that bit not sure what you mean?
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: May 31, 2009 01:50 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

From the issues you are having with this and with the email address change not happening, is it possible that you have two phpCOIN filesets on your server and are editing one fileset whilst it is the other fileset you are calling in a browser ?

--------------------
PM
Special-Reserve
Posted: May 03, 2010 04:06 pm
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 4,225

Hi Guys
Jenna here who started this thread, Lighman you kindly all this time ago sorted this problem for me BUT ive just updated to the newest update and the image has disapeared and im back to a red cross again, ive checked the files ect and logo file still there etc etc etc etc, i dont know why the update has stopped my logo working but any help i'd be grateful for??
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: May 03, 2010 05:12 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Nothing new - just the same advise that has already been covered in this thread rolleyes.gif

--------------------
PM
Special-Reserve
Posted: May 03, 2010 05:18 pm
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 4,225

As it was you that sorted it last time by going into my cpanel this a long shot but dont suppose you remember what you did to fix it last time?
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com