phpCOIN

Forum Rules Integrated Add-Ons

For questions and issues dealing with add-ons that were later integrated into the phpCOIN base-code, such as the IPN and WYSIWYG add-ons. This forum is for historical purposes only and contains posts relating to before the add-on was integrated into phpCOIN. Now that the add-ons are integrated, our answers WILL be different.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> IPN v1.8 for phpCOIN v1.2.5 compatible with 1.2.4?
Banzai
Posted: July 31, 2007 10:01 am
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,055

Hi,

I just installed phpcoin 1.2.4 and I'm starting to get familiar with it.
My question is that I found in downloads the file "IPN v1.8 for phpCOIN v1.2.5" and since I didn't find any 1.2.4 version, I wanted to know if this version is compatible with Phpcoin 1.2.4?

Thanks in advance!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lightman
Posted: July 31, 2007 12:02 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

IPN v1.8 was specifically written round the phpCOIN 1.2.5 code base.

Upgrade to phpCOIN 1.2.5 ( recommended ) and then it will be fully compatible biggrin.gif (Or wait a few days as we shall probably be releasing phpCOIN v1.2.6 with the IPN pre-installed)

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
Banzai
Posted: July 31, 2007 03:01 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Well, those seem very good news to me. Could you please try to give me a date (more or less accurate) regarding the release of 1.2.6, so I can evaluate the impact of the waiting period on my project?

Not wanting to mix subjects, and since from what I've been seeing here in the forums (as well as in my server owner forums) there are a lot of issues regarding the installation of the WHM module, do you think the pre-installation of this module is somehow beeing considered in the next future releases?

Thanks!
cantex
Posted: July 31, 2007 05:14 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

the WHM module, do you think the pre-installation of this module is somehow beeing considered in the next future releases?

Probably not.
The WHM add-on relies on specific software (the WHM interface to cPanel) being installed on your server, and available to your website. The majority of users may not have that software, so integrating the WHM add-on would be a waste. And since neither lightman nor myself uses cPanel between our over-a-dozen servers, we have no way to test WHM integration.

IPN integration is a different matter ~ it would be useful to probably three-quarters of our users.

Could you please try to give me a date (more or less accurate) regarding the release of 1.2.6

Release of v1.2.6 will probably be this week. Lightman and myself are discussing any last-minute changes we think needs to be done, before we release. Since you are still running v1.2.4, here is the changelog for v1.2.6 and v1.2.5

Version: 1.2.6
New: IPN add-on module is now built-in to phpCOIN
New: Support config-override files (similar idea to language-override files) so phpCOIN upgrades do not overwrite our settings
New: Support encryption of PayLinks
New: Show license as part of installation/upgrade and require acceptance
New: Add several paylink venfdors to default installation, and four sample paylinks
New: Allow admin to manually send auto-nag emails
New: Admin parameter for configuring helpdesk_cron output, so you no longer need to edit source-code
Fix: Order validation fields countries and zip_code were swapped (Issue: 47)
Fix: Input validation errors because admin order-edit screen will not display a field if it is marked as "disabled" but "required" (Issue: 48)
Fix: If order comments are tagged as "required" but a client does not enter anything, phpCOIN will display an input-validation error but no indication that comments are the reason (Issue: 49)
Fix: Admin sets "payment method" to required but also not visible on COR form (Issue: 50)
Fix: "Referred By" label missing when admin adds an order (Issue: 42)
Fix: Complete support for free products
Fix: Set login form to limit username/password to match length-limiting admin parameter for clients but not for admins
Fix: Recurring invoices would be created for non-active clients
Fix: Change hard-coded download URL to admin parameter, and change mysql-specific database calls to abstracted database calls
Fix: Nag email cc-to-support address wrong
Fix: "Send Nag Emails" returned number of invoices processed, rather than number of emails actually sent
Change: Increase record_id size of parameters table from smallint(6) to int(11)
Change: Eliminate redundancies in paylink parsing during order process
Change: Add client_id to replaceable parameters for PayLinks
Change: Increase database field length for client password to accommodate BlowFish encryption
Change: "X-Mailer=phpCOIN" header added to all outgoing email, not just html emails
Change: On invalid MySQL queries, show explicit debugging help rather than generic anti-hack message
Change: Move "_debug_queries" parameter into config file in case admin cannot login to Admin -> Parameters to set it
Change: Make payment method visible on order/COR form by default. Old default was no-show
Change: Eliminate majority of included documentation in favor of up-to-date docs site
Change: Add "last nag email" field to invoice to prevent accidently re-sending duplicate if manual or cron job run multiple times per day
Change: re-wrote nag emails queries and loops for simplicity and speed

Version: 1.2.5
Security: Clean php variable $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] which could be used for XSS attacks on some webservers, and ensure that portions of cleaned variable are not subsequently passed as a GET parameter name. This issue appears to affect development servers, but not any commercial grade servers
New: Paylink parameters are also available to order buy/cancel results strings
New: Support for visible and required fields in Orders module (regular orders and COR)
New: Initial efforts to support "vendor callback" during payment process
New: Set auto-invoice-from-order as siteowner-selectable recurring or one-time
New: Allow site admin to limit downloads page to logged-in users only
New: Allow downloads listing to display or hide "not available" downloads
New: Make it easier for a site-owner to enable multi-byte encoding such as UTF-8
New: Allow site-owner choice of hiding or displaying "IP logged for fraud detection" on order form
New: Add explicit "demo mode" warning text to PayLinks order screen
New: Integrated .co.za and xxx.mt web-based lookup support
New: Added switch to enable/disable display of company info in page footer
New: Show phpCOIN updates on CC page in addition to Admin page
New: Automatically convert domain name to lowercase on order
New: Allow html characters in downloads "contributor" (for hyperlinking)
New: Enable auto-pay-order-invoice or pay-via-IPN on a per-vendor basis rather than a global basis
New: Support TinyMCE as well as HTMLArea WYSIWYG editors, with preference given to TinyMCE if both are installed
Fix: Show backup results message after a backup (issue: 5)
Fix: ORDER_REQUIRE parameter flags not saving (issue 11 and related issue 12)
Fix: Admin -> Downloads -> Delete does not show name
Fix: MySQL error when helpdesk import cronjob appends a response to an existing ticket. (Issue: 28)
Fix: Display actual error codes and strings, rather than empty vars seperated by semi-colon
Fix: Make auto-password-generate function match length of new password to length specified by Admin -> Parameters
Fix: Allow for MySQL v5 having STRICT MODE enabled on Windows servers (it is disabled by default on *nix servers)
Fix: Null password on create client generates error message but no visual indication of where error is (Issue: 9)
Fix: Admin cannot stay focused on desired client when clicking "next page" of multi-domain listing (Issue: 25)
Fix: Properly display two-part filename extensions such as tar.gz on downloads listings
Fix: Allow for single and double-quotes in helpdesk tickets and responses when displayed on-screen
Fix: MySQL error when helpdesk import cronjob appends a response to an existing ticket. (Issue: 28)
Fix: cron invoices causes error message about "not an array" in php v5 (issue: 10)
Fix: Allow admin to enter coding in email that would normally be stripped out
Fix: Allow proper display of archive message that contains mixed single and double quotes
Fix: Message body not sent if first character is a space
Fix: Password Reset displays an error message in "Test" mode
Fix: "Email To Groups" shows db records returned in initial query, rather than emails actually sent
Fix: Error Flags set incorrectly on order edit (Issue: 23)
Fix: Blank verification password on client/order create generates an error but no indication of where the error is (issue: 9)
Fix: Typo causes order invoice paylinks to mess up (issue: 6)
Fix: Search siteinfo/faq/pages does not honor "status" flag, and faq does not honor user/admin flag - Issue: 26
Fix: Change "return" button at bottom of whois screen to use HTTP_REFERRER to return to whoever called the mod (issue: 13)
Fix: Some mouse-over effects show javascript instead of expected button. All built-in themes fixed
Fix: Database backup was failing to include "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS" command before each "CREATE TABLE" command
Change: Remove phpCOIN version number from site footer to eliminate script-kiddies "googling" version-specific vulnerabilities
Change: Exclude domain_status zero from "expiring" on summary page
Change: Changes to upgrade/setup procedure and db structure to eliminate duplicate parameter table items
Change: Ensure that version numbers for setup/upgrade are absolute numeric and that user cannot "downgrade" accidently
Change: Modify some /coin_docs to v1.2.5
Change: Admin -> Downloads -> SELECT now displays id - group (ASC) - name (DESC), making it much easier to find specific items in long listings
Change: Admin -> Downloads -> Description extended to 255 characters instead of 128
Change: For downloads listings, if file descriptions are hidden, display an icon that will show file description when hovered over
Change: Insert blank row and repeat row headers when public download descriptions are displayed
Change: Accomodate CIRA.CA WHOIS lookup results changes
Change: If apache virtual hosting is misconfigured to include port 80 and a user views a site using FireFox, css does not work properly
Change: Move cantex theme background image to css file to avoid repeat issue on wider displays
Change: Added company info to bottom page output of all default phpCOIN themes
Change: Eliminate need for seperate "h.php" file for anti-hack auxpage message
Change: Eliminate non-reported but potential non-reachable-record issues with hyperlinks when Order/Client/Invoice status has spaces
Change: Set default mod to siteinfo -> index, and allow dashes and underscores in module names
Change: Make website logo theme-specific, rather than site-specific. Logo can now change instantly with site theme
Change: Center company info footer in Earthtone theme

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
Banzai
Posted: July 31, 2007 09:06 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Ok, that makes sense. My question was based on the amount of issues I've been looking into in the forums, but what you say makes sense.
I suppose I have a hard time ahead with this add-on, but hey, things will work out eventually...

Well I'm not a tech guy, so I suppose I'll keep getting familiar with this tool... and wait for next release, since it's going to make my life easier with the integration of the IPN module smile.gif

Thanks for the explanation!
cantex
Posted: July 31, 2007 09:28 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

Unless we run into a show-stopper, I am aiming for a Saturday afternoon release (first Saturday of the month).

I think the majority of issues with WHM relate to the install instructions not being understood or followed properly. I am re-writing them on the docs site ~ hopefully the new instructions will be clearer and easier to follow than what is in the .zip

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
Banzai
Posted: August 01, 2007 04:40 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

I think the majority of issues with WHM relate to the install instructions not being understood or followed properly. I am re-writing them on the docs site ~ hopefully the new instructions will be clearer and easier to follow than what is in the .zip

Well thanks for the effort. smile.gif

I can assure you that that will be very helpful indeed for a lot of us that don't know programming, but still try hard to implement this solution!

I'll keep an eye on the next realease and the docs site for the good news! wink.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com