phpCOIN

Forum Rules Important

For discussions on issues encountered in Snapshots or Release Candidates. Please include the Snapshot version and Date, and your server environment as applicable (OS, PHP version, server daemon type and version, MySQL version)when posting.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Some Fixes For V1.65 To Run On Php V5.3.10, Minor Code Changes
Rat
Posted: March 26, 2012 10:38 am
Quote Post

Contributing Developer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 4,551

Yesterday I transferred my PHPCoin v1.65 system to a new web server running PHP v5.3.10. I immediately ran into some problems. As a PHP programmer my first instinct was to look at the code.

This post is intended to be a brief summary of any changes I make to get PHPCoin running on this platform:

The following simple change should get some of PHPCoin working again, (certainly the home page is now running on my system).

FILE: /coin_includes/core.php
LINE 927
MOD: Wrapped the "quoted_printable_encode" function with a function_exists check... see below:

CODE
if (!function_exists('quoted_printable_encode'))
{
function quoted_printable_encode($txt) {
// function body ...
}
}

At the moment I am chasing up why my admin login is not working... I will continue to post any future mods I make here.
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 26, 2012 12:49 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Apart from all the function_exists checks, and having to initialise undefined variables, you will have to replace all depreciated code calls (eg ereg*- there are about 210 iterances of this alone ! ) - see http://php.net/manual/en/migration53.deprecated.php for details

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
Rat
Posted: March 26, 2012 01:06 pm
Quote Post

Contributing Developer

Yep... I can see that... actually its only a day or two's work for the bulk of it... excluding any architectural changes of course.

I just ran this tool over the code and it did a nice job of flagging a lot of the required conversions:
http://devzone.zend.com/1636/52-to-53-migration/

I'm busy for the next week, but I want my PHPCoin website working so I will do this maybe starting the following week.

The only problem is that I had already hacked a fair bit of the stylistic elements in PHPCon already so refactoring everything back to the original v1.65 codebase will take a little bit longer, (but not much).

Feel free to point out any fixes that you or others have already made so I can start with the most up to date version first.
PMEmail Poster
nootkan
Posted: March 27, 2012 04:38 am
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,017

Would it be too much to ask you to donate your updated version back to the forum for those of us with no coding skills? Hope I'm not out of line if so, I apologise. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
SemoTech
Posted: May 06, 2012 05:42 pm
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,821

Hello folks,

Running into a LOT of issues with PHPCoin v1.6.5 running on PHP 5.3.10 and I was hoping a good Samaritan would be willing to upload a list of the changes/fixes or the changed files.

Keeping fingers crossed someone is willing to help...

Thanks!
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: May 06, 2012 05:54 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Keeping fingers crossed someone is willing to help...
Yes, me too ....... I have been hoping for someone to help since cantex passed away sad.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
Rat
Posted: June 04, 2012 10:18 am
Quote Post

Contributing Developer

I know I said I'd do this earlier, but I got distracted by other things...

In any case, I just thought I'd mention that I have written a script that automatically scans and replaces all of the "ereg" etc deprecated PHP v5.2 stuff out of the PHPCoin code and I now have it running on v5.3.

I still have some more tests to run, but as soon as I'm satisfied I will post back here.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com