phpCOIN

Forum Rules WHM

For questions and issues dealing with the WHM add-on. This forum is moderated and answered by the add-on developer, not by phpCOIN staff

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Database Error - MySQL has gone away, Getting a database error
fmora
Posted: March 17, 2009 11:31 am
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,760

I keep getting a database error when using phpcoin to create and delete WHM accounts. I've installed it twice and I've double checked the installation. I'm using the WHM add-on with phpCOIN but when I try to create a new account or delete an account I get the following error messages:

----------------------------------------------------------
Database Error
Unable to select the database (fmora_phpCOIN)
Error returned is: (2006 : MySQL server has gone away)
Check the database name and the server connection and try again.
Called by: db_mysql.php at line 325

Database Error
Unable to complete operation due to an invalid MySQL query. Admin should edit config.php and set -->> $_CCFG[_debug_queries] = 1 <<-- then try this operation again.

Database Error

Database Error
----------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like a time out issue, but I had the time out wait time increased? Or this another issue?

The problem is that this is not consistent, sometimes I don't get any errors but the majority of the time I do. Even though I get the errors the accounts do get created or deleted. Is this something I just ingore or can something be done about it?

Thanks!
PM
lightman
Posted: March 17, 2009 12:47 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Sounds like you have something weird in your my.cnf (nothing to do with phpCOIN)

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd suspect the max_allowed_packet variable value (1M by default, although I have seen recommendations to take this up to 32M, and I have never experienced any issues with this) - any extra memory is allocated 'on demand' so mysqld will use the extra memory only when necessary.

I am sorry to say that we cannot pursue this topic, as the configuration of mysql, or indeed, any of the server side daemons, is well beyond the scope of this board. Suffice it to say, if it were a phpCOIN issue, we would have had hundreds of reports about it (and would have done something about it) but, unfortunately, you seem to be an isolated case sad.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
fmora
Posted: March 18, 2009 11:31 am
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,760

Thank you for the response, I'm glad it's not a phpCOIN issue but it sucks that it's something I'll to figure out on my end.
PM
soundmartell
Posted: December 17, 2009 12:39 pm
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 4,111

Hello,
I have the same problem when i create or delete account. The error i recieved is:

Unable to select the database (myamazin_coin1)

Database Error
Unable to execute query: SELECT * FROM phpcoin_domains, phpcoin_server_info, phpcoin_clients WHERE phpcoin_domains.dom_si_id=phpcoin_server_info.si_id AND phpcoin_domains.dom_cl_id=phpcoin_clients.cl_id AND phpcoin_domains.dom_id=1
Error returned is: (2006 : MySQL server has gone away).
Check the syntax / server connection and and try again.
Called by: common.php at line 2400
..... More errors

I contacted with my hosting and they say max_allowed_packet value it is setting to 24Mb and:

"If you see the error message 'MySQL server has gone away, it might be your script makes heavy queries or too many connections.

Please try using 'mysql_reconnect' command before each MySQL query and it should do the trick
."

have you some help for me please?

Thank you,
Livan

PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: December 17, 2009 01:42 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

have you some help for me please?
Sorry - no sad.gif

I have installed hundreds of phpCOIN applications and have never seen this issue on any server.

I can only suggest you try Google™ for suggestions (although all the ones I saw involved my.cnf file edits which you probably don't have access to)

(Just for the record, I have over 1,500 clients and some 5,000 invoices, help desk tickets etc and some 30,000 archived emails on my own phpCOIN and have no database issues)

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
azcappy
Posted: December 17, 2009 03:54 pm
Quote Post

phpCOIN Destroyer

Group: Developers
Member No.: 3,292

The act of coding in a reconnect command before every query in phpCOIN is not a task I would want to take on... wink.gif

--------------------
Keith D. Holler
AZCAPPY Network Services
www.azcappy.com
Want to see the power of the phpCOIN auxpage feature?
Visit our Network Status page.

"If you build it... they will come... if there's a bug... I will find it!!!"
Wait a minute... there's no such thing as bugs. They are unplanned features!!!

Any comments made are assuming you are using the most current version of phpCOIN and/or WHM Module.

Disclaimer: phpCOIN, the WHM Module and the documentation assumes that you have at least a basic knowledge of and rudimentary skills in PHP, HTML, MySQL and/or cPanel/WHM operations. We are not here to teach Coding-101 or cPanel/WHM beginner crash courses. If you make changes to your server, phpCOIN or the WHM Module without the necessary skills & knowledge required, we are not liable. You do so at your own risk.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com