phpCOIN

Forum Rules Integrated Add-Ons

For questions and issues dealing with add-ons that were later integrated into the phpCOIN base-code, such as the IPN and WYSIWYG add-ons. This forum is for historical purposes only and contains posts relating to before the add-on was integrated into phpCOIN. Now that the add-ons are integrated, our answers WILL be different.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Package comparison add on, How to activate the package comparison
uncle
Posted: January 30, 2007 08:30 pm
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

Hi,

I got the v_compare.php file.
I am just wondering how to make it run in phpcoin, and if possible, can it be made to appear on the homepage?

I have tried the instructions found inside the file but it didn't work.

I still new to phpcoin and still running a test version. I might go live this week.

Thanks

This post has been edited by uncle on January 30, 2007 08:46 pm

--------------------
Da Uncle
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: January 31, 2007 12:25 am
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

how to make it run in phpcoin.....
.....I have tried the instructions found inside the file but it didn't work

I just noticed an error in the instructions. The add-on is based on my original compare.php and all instructions reference that. But this file is v_compare.php so the instructions should reference v_compare not compare

can it be made to appear on the homepage

If you call it as the content of an iframe, yes. Otherwise, no.

still new to phpcoin

So welcome aboard smile.gif

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
uncle
Posted: February 01, 2007 07:21 pm
Quote Post

Thanks man,

I figured out the issue with the file name later.

I appreciate your answer about embedding it in an iframe. I might try that if I have the time. If it works fine I will post some comments about it.

Thanks.

--------------------
Da Uncle
PMEmail Poster
uncle
Posted: February 04, 2007 08:15 pm
Quote Post

Hi Again,

I was able to make the compare appear in the index page by using an iframe, including the session_set file and removing the redirect code.

What I was not able to do is make the iframe use the same styles as the parent page.
It appears as if there are no styles or formatting applied. Do you have any idea how to propagate the styles?

PS: the images for the sign up are not displaying as well.

Thanks

This post has been edited by uncle on February 04, 2007 08:16 pm

--------------------
Da Uncle
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: February 04, 2007 08:22 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Please supply a link to the site so we can see what is going on instead of guessing at it smile.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
cantex
Posted: February 04, 2007 09:35 pm
Quote Post

When run as an auxpage, phpCOIN has already provided access to the database, style-sheets, common functions, etc. and has output everything except the content of the page. The only thing you need to do is output whatever appears between the <body> and </body> tags in screen-center.

But when run as a page within an iframe, phpCOIN has output nothing, so the style-sheet would not be loaded. Since the add-on outputs only the content for a page, you must manually enter the HTML, HEAD, /HEAD and BODY before the add-on output, and /BODY and /HTML after the add-on output, and in the HEAD section add a link for the stylesheet.

--------------------
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
uncle
Posted: February 04, 2007 09:53 pm
Quote Post

Thanks ppl.

I did as you said cantex. I retrieved the HTML header and footer code the do_page_open and do_page_close create and inserted it in the php file. I also used the phpcode to retrieve proper link to the css file in case the theme is changed and now it looks fine.

this is the link to the page. It is still in testing phase though.

Just wanted to add a thank you for the prompt reply.

--------------------
Da Uncle
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: February 05, 2007 01:04 am
Quote Post

It is looking good.
I actually had to do a "view source" to confirm that the comparison was an iframe, not embedded text smile.gif

--------------------

PM
chadrt
Posted: September 20, 2007 02:22 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,094

I just looked at the site in question here I realize it has been a bit of time since this was posted but thought I would through this out there. The signup button that links you to the signup page is not showing becuase it points to a non existant directory. You need to edit the source of the v_compare.php and change the img src to coin_images not images should look like this:

CODE
src="coin_images/sign_up_title.gif"

Hope that helps you and whoever may find this post in the future. Have a splendid day!!

Chad smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
uncle
Posted: September 21, 2007 07:09 pm
Quote Post

Thanks chadr.

Unfortunately, we (my friends and I) decided to abandon the hosting services thing.
I no longer need phpcoin.

Bu I am glad to say that I greatly enjoyed working/customizing phpcoin.
It really promises a great future. Otherwise it wouldn't have been offered by manuy Hosting businesses.

Regards,

--------------------
Da Uncle
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com