phpCOIN

Forum Rules Geographic WHOIS

For questions and issues dealing with the geographic whois add-on. This forum is moderated and answered by the add-on developer, not by phpCOIN staff

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Spanish TLD Whois, Has anyone solved this issue?
danivh
Posted: September 24, 2009 05:13 am
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 3,991

Hello there!

I've installed phpCoin some days ago, and have beeing configuring and testing.

There is just one issue that is driving me nuts: the spanish TLD's whois.

Spanish TLD's (.es, .com.es, .nom.es, .org.es, .edu.es and .gov.es) are handled by ESNIC (www.nic.es) and their whois server is web based only.

I can not guess the way to set it up, because they ask for a chaptcha test to be entered for every query.

Has anyone solved this problem?
Is there any alternative whois server for .es domains?

Thanks!
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: September 24, 2009 08:38 am
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

I can not guess the way to set it up, because they ask for a chaptcha test to be entered for every query

I went to their home page and they have a FORM to check a domain name without the captcha. I did a "view source" and grabbed the main parts of the FORM
CODE
<form method="post" action="https://www.nic.es/esnic/servlet/BuscarDomSolAlta">
<input type="text" id="dominio" value="midominio" name="dominio">
<input type="hidden" name="tipo" value="dominio">
<input type="hidden" name="sufijo" value="es">
<input type="submit" value="Buscar" name="Submit">
</form>
I just tried it in a web-page by itself and it worked. It returns a whole web-page, but as long as you give phpCOIN the correct code to look for......

Alternately, we have several users located in Spain ~ perhaps one of them can say how they did it?

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com