phpCOIN

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> subdomain, i wonder if this possiblle?
butchoni
Posted: November 22, 2008 06:01 am
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 3,580

hi,
i want to offer a free subdomains on one of my domain.Is it possible to make searh form to look only for avaible subdomains?
thanks
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: November 22, 2008 09:21 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Subdomains (which are usually cname records) are not registered with IANA nor ICANN (or with any of their accredited agents) - so there is no central records repository on which one could search.

To search subdomains - one would have to read the vhosts or httpd.conf (and any included files) on your server (just reading the phpCOIN domain entries or dns records may not give one accurate or complete results) - since there are almost infinite way subdomains can be handled on a lamp (and quite differently under IIS) - it is not really feasible to write code to cover all scenarios - perhaps the WHM module can read them ? (assuming you have cPanel) - other than that - you would have to write a custom solution for your own server.

Good Luck smile.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com