Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sending mail to "all emails" of clients
unisport
Posted: August 27, 2008 06:31 am
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,509

Is there a possibility to send emails to all email addresses of clients?
Let's say a client account has got 3 different emails and the admin wants to send an announcement... What can we do for those clients with more than one email to receive than announcement in all their in boxes?
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: August 27, 2008 11:06 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

You can send manual emails to all mail addresses for a client from the "eMail Client" button and then selecting the appropriate listing from the drop down.

There are NO provisions for setting up automated mail to all the contacts for a client - automated mail will only be sent to the principle email address for that client.

(There are no plans to alter this in the current phpCOIN series)

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
unisport
  Posted: August 27, 2008 12:35 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

When selecting Email Client and choosing All Active Client at the To Client Section, what happen when an active client has more than one email?
Is the email manually created and sent taking care of the fact that some of the Active clients have more than 1 email address?

PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: August 27, 2008 01:34 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

A client has only *one* email address. While a client may have additional email contacts, they are not the principal email address so email would never be sent to them unless you manually selected it. Sending an email to "All Active Clients" will send to the *one* address.

Here is why:
You are my client and have setup five additional email addresses. Another client has also setup five additional addresses. When I send an email to all my clients, client number two may want a copy to goto each contact, but do you?

And if I am sending an email about a server technical issue, do you really want your accounting department to see it?

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
unisport
Posted: August 28, 2008 08:38 am
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (cantex @ August 27, 2008 12:34 pm)

And if I am sending an email about a server technical issue, do you really want your accounting department to see it?

Definitely no!!!

But what if you exclusively want to:
1. send an email to all additional email contacts (let's say 5) of a particular client
2. Send email to all additional email contacts (let's say 5 each) of 3 different client
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: August 28, 2008 11:17 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

But what if you exclusively want to:
1. send an email to all additional email contacts (let's say 5) of a particular client
2. Send email to all additional email contacts (let's say 5 each) of 3 different client
My initial comments still apply.

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com