phpCOIN

Forum Rules Integrated Add-Ons

For questions and issues dealing with add-ons that were later integrated into the phpCOIN base-code, such as the IPN and WYSIWYG add-ons. This forum is for historical purposes only and contains posts relating to before the add-on was integrated into phpCOIN. Now that the add-ons are integrated, our answers WILL be different.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> IPN Problem, IPN Problem
Jayem
Posted: June 02, 2007 06:22 am
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 2,696

Hi There,

My first post on the forums so please go easy on me wink.gif

I've just installed the latest version of the IPN module and everything seems to be working as it should be apart from a couple of minor things which have been niggling me for the last 6 hours!

Firstly, I've set the receiver email correctly but for some reason it says it's not correct.

Secondly, I can click the paylink, it takes me to Paypal, I can make the payment and it returns me to MYDOMAIN/coin_modules/ipn/vendors/paypal.php

Only thing is, I just get a blank screen - I'm presuming it should execute the paypal.php page, and then redirect me to mod.php?mod=orders&mode=return but I've looked through the ipn scripts and there doesn't seem to be anything that relates to a redirect?

Am I completely missing the point or am I doing something so stupid I'm going to kick myself?

I'm actually using the Paypal Sandbox Environment for testing if that makes a difference.

Many Thanks,

Mike
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: June 02, 2007 12:29 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
Jayem
Posted: June 02, 2007 01:45 pm
Quote Post

Hi,

I can see the page mod.php?mod=ipn&mode=test page without a problem. Everything is getting logged to MySQL as it should (even the receiver email which it tells me isn't a match even though it is!). I can go to mod.php?mod=ipn and the transaction is listed. The corresponding invoice is marked as paid.

My problem (or question) is to do with ../ipn/vendors/paypal.php - *Should* something be displayed and if so, what?

Mike
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: June 02, 2007 03:56 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

My problem (or question) is to do with ../ipn/vendors/paypal.php - *Should* something be displayed and if so, what?

NOTHING should be displayed.
The IPN URL is not a web-page for you or your customers or anyone else to look at, it is simply a location where PayPal can tap your website on the shoulder and say "psst.... Joe just made a payment of $20" smile.gif

The customer would never see the IPN URL, they would instead see the return link put into the paylink.

As for the receiver email, it should match whatever email PayPal uses to send you money (your email address to login to PayPal site)

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
Jayem
Posted: June 02, 2007 05:06 pm
Quote Post

Hi Cantex,

Ok - please forgive me if this appears to be a silly question. The Notify URL (either notify_url or set up as the IPN URL) is the paypal.php link, BUT I still need to put in a return_success and a return_cancel URL to direct the customer back to a page that says Your Payment has been successful or You cancelled your payment???

As a feature request, would it not be possible to redirect from the paypal.php script depending upon success or failure?

As for the receiver email, it is set as the email address I'm logging into paypal with but I'm wondering if it's because I'm using the paypal sandbox.

Thanks for your patience,

Mike
PMEmail Poster
Jayem
Posted: June 03, 2007 02:06 am
Quote Post

Hi All,

Ok, I'm now red-faced but I finally got it working. There was no problem whatsoever with my setup, just the operator setting it up!

You know when you get a mental block and no matter what you do, you just can't seem to get past it? Well, that's what happened here! smile.gif

For some reason, I'd got it into my head that the IPN module was a *replacement* rather than an *addon* so I was completely missing adding the return links thinking that the IPN module did it. I've even read the docs over and over again for IPN and Paypal paylinks and I still didn't see it. I think what threw me was the paypal link code in the docs with placeholders ala <prod_desc> - I was thinking they were generic and you replaced them with your own product description.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to reply to my moronic problem and keep up the good work!!!!

Mike
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: June 03, 2007 02:58 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

Glad you got it figured out smile.gif
There are quite a few variables available to PayLinks that phpCOIN will replace at run-time -> http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/PayLinks

Just to re-iterate, in case anyone else is wondering:
As a feature request, would it not be possible to redirect from the paypal.php script depending upon success or failure?

PayPal sends info to the IPN URL. PayPal does not expect any info to be returned, nor does it send the client there. Yes, we could code a redirect with a nice message, but nobody would see it smile.gif

For an analogy: I telephone you and as soon as anyone answers I say "Fred just paid $50" then hang up. I do not wait to hear what you have to say, nor do I tell Fred that I called you, nor do I give Fred your number so he can call you. You may have a fancy speech ready to go when someone calls your number, but since nobody calls except me and all I do is make a statement then hang up, your fancy speech is wasted smile.gif

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com