phpCOIN

Forum Rules Integrated Add-Ons

For questions and issues dealing with add-ons that were later integrated into the phpCOIN base-code, such as the IPN and WYSIWYG add-ons. This forum is for historical purposes only and contains posts relating to before the add-on was integrated into phpCOIN. Now that the add-ons are integrated, our answers WILL be different.

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> IPN configuration, IPN installed but is it working?
jmz2
Posted: May 29, 2007 10:53 am
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,634

Hello,

I have installed IPN and followed bug instructions on http://forums.phpcoin.com//index.php?showtopic=180 but when testing it with
mod.php?mod=ipn&mode=test
I get a blank page

Is this normal?

I have done what the bug IPN post on the forum says. As well I have read many post about IPN but I don't know how to set up the 'receiver e-mail' to configure it. I go to:
admin->Paramaters->group=all->subgroup=API
but nothing about IPN is in there.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: May 29, 2007 12:35 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

A blank white page in a php script is always caused by either a missing file in an include file, or by a php parse error caused by incorrect editing. Triple-check your editing.

"receiver" email is you ~ the receiver of the payment. Did you follow the recently updated install instructions -> http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/IPN_Module ? The new instructions are based on IPN v1.7.4 rather than the older versions, and so have some significant changes and simplifications.

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
jmz2
Posted: May 29, 2007 02:36 pm
Quote Post

I have followed the install.htm included on the Zip IPN module. When I installed i found to be some differences between this file and the one you pointed in the web. Which one is the right one? I am going to reinstall the module so I apreciatte clarifycation on this.

On the other hand, where do I change 'receiver email'. I know is my PayPal account but I don't know where I am suppose to change it.

Thanks.
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: May 29, 2007 07:23 pm
Quote Post

Follow the instructions on the docs site ~ they were updated over the last few days to reflect my understanding of the IPN code.

"receiver email" is at Admin -> Parameters -> common -> ipn -> Paypal: Paypal EMail Address

--------------------
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
jmz2
  Posted: May 29, 2007 08:36 pm
Quote Post

Many thanks cantex.

I have re-installed the module and guess what....I am crying!! Still not working.

I have the same results as before, these are my step by step procedure once I finish installation:
-Both testing URL show information so it seems like installation is ok.
-I test on: mod.php?mod=ipn&mode=test
-I change the following fields in the form that appears:
last_name------> For the last name of the invoice I created for the test
first_name------> For the first name of the invoice I created for the test
payment_gross------> For the amount of the invoice I created for the test
mc_gross ------> For the amount of the invoice I created for the test
receiver_email ------>for my PayPal Acount

-At this moment I press Submit and......WHITE PAGE!!! mad.gif

So basically it seems like installation is ok but I am unable to run the test.

BTW, this time I haven't made the changes that the Bug IPN Post says to make (because I assume that if the docs instructions are recent it would say to do so if it was necessary).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for your help and patience.
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: May 29, 2007 11:45 pm
Quote Post

At this moment I press Submit and......WHITE PAGE!!

I just spent the last several hours re-working parts of the IPN add-on code and researching IPN/PDT on PayPal site. One thing that I noticed in the IPN add-on is a missing end-php tag in one file, and two short open-php tags in other files. From experience, I can say that if php.ini "short_open_tag = Off" then you will get a blank white screen (php parse error) when either of those files are accessed.

You can either check all files and make sure they begin with <?php not just <? or you can be my guinea-pig for what will be IPN v1.8 (less files, simpler installation and clearer instructions)

I assume that if the docs instructions are recent it would say to do so if it was necessary

v1.8 includes those fixes, and others smile.gif
I will need to update the docs site later to include those bug-fixes for v1.74 and lower sad.gif

One thing I discovered on PayPal site is that one can use IPN and WHM simultaneously:
1: Do NOT specify IPN on PayPal
2: Use a reguler paylink so PayPal will send customer back to your site when done, so WHM can be triggered.
3: Add ONE more hidden field to regular paylink so IPN will also be triggered. I added this to docs site a few minutes ago.

--------------------

PM
jmz2
Posted: May 30, 2007 07:49 am
Quote Post

Thanks for the answer.

I am not native English so don't have a clue about what is 'guinea-pig'.

What is that?
PMEmail Poster
jmz2
Posted: May 30, 2007 09:51 am
Quote Post

I have review file by file and have made this changes:

Tags ammended at the begining ( <?php) of these files:
ipn.class.php
paypal.php

Tag ammended at the end (?>) of:
ipn.class.php

Result: the same BLANK PAGE sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: May 30, 2007 01:36 pm
Quote Post

don't have a clue about what is 'guinea-pig'.

A tester; beta-tester; one upon whom experimental stuff is tried smile.gif

I have review file by file and have made this changes:

Ok, so we will assume there is still a php parse error somewhere and "go for the gold".

1: Delete all the existing IPN add-on files from your website

2: Browse to http://cpdemo.phpcoin.com/coin_downloads/mod_ipn_v180.zip to grab the newest not-yet-released version

3: Do NOT run the setup.sql file ~ you have already done all the sql stuff that needs to be done if you followed install instructions from v1.7.4

4: DO follow the rest of the simpler installation instructions.

--------------------

PM
jmz2
Posted: May 30, 2007 03:27 pm
Quote Post

Thanks for reply.

Ok, I accept to be the lab rat blink.gif or beta tester.

I will come back soon once I do installation.
PMEmail Poster
jmz2
Posted: May 30, 2007 04:37 pm
Quote Post

Cantex when installed 1.8 and I run the test the showed pages are not the right ones. I mean, pages shows but doens't make sense: only style and some button images are shown. So the form for testing is never shown.

When Uninstalling version 1.7.4. I have even deleted the component IPN in the phpCoin Admin panel (before new installation of course).

So Beta for me not working at all.

PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: May 30, 2007 05:50 pm
Quote Post

When Uninstalling version 1.7.4. I have even deleted the component IPN in the phpCoin Admin panel (before new installation of course)

That is OK. One of the install steps is to add a new component. The critical thing is that you did not delete the database tables and fields.

The worst thing about debugging something like this is that I do not use it so difficulties arise sad.gif
OK, I installed it on the demo site and tried it. Found and corrected a couple of table-name mistakes I made when I tried to simplify the install.
It now runs properly on the demo site ~ at least "test mode" does

Grab the download again and try again

--------------------

PM
jmz2
Posted: May 30, 2007 07:49 pm
Quote Post

This is improving, we are getting there.

When executing mod.php?mod=ipn I get the following:

Database Error
Unable to execute query because it looks like a hack attempt ~ please try again

Database Error
Unable to execute query because it looks like a hack attempt ~ please try again

I close and open the explorer but keep having trouble.

When executing this mod.php?mod=ipn&mode=test

I get:

log_ipnINSERT INTO coin_ipn_log (ipn_ts, ipn_var_details, ipn_txn, ipn_txn_type, ipn_cl_id, ipn_pay_amt, ipn_pay_stat, ipn_name_last, ipn_vendor) VALUES ( '1180564138','-:txn_type = subscr_payment:- -:payment_date = 02:28:20 May 31, 2007 MSD:- -:last_name = prersonal:- -:payment_gross = 0.01:- -:mc_currency = USD:- -:payment_type = instant:- -:payer_status = verified:- -:payer_email = john@doe.com:- -:txn_id = tst1180564100:- -:first_name = prersonal:- -:receiver_email = jxxxx@xxxx.com:- -:payer_id = WA69BHXZS9KQW:- -:payment_status = Completed:- -:mc_gross = 0.01:- -:debug = 1:- -:b_submit = Submit:- ','tst1180564100','subscr_payment','1002','0.01','Completed','prersonal','paypal'):

payment_status:
Completed

find_latest_invoice:
find_latest_invoice(1002,4);

find_latest_invoice:
SELECT invc_id FROM coin_invoices WHERE invc_cl_id='1002'AND invc_status!='paid' ORDER BY invc_id ASC

invoice number :

pre:
Array
Array ( [0] => 1003 [invc_id] => 1003 [1] => due [invc_status] => due [2] => email [invc_deliv_method] => email [3] => 1 [invc_delivered] => Yes [4] => 1002 [invc_cl_id] => 1002 [5] => 23.40 [invc_total_cost] => $23.40 (USD) [6] => 0.00 [invc_total_paid] => $0.00 (USD) [7] => 23.40 [invc_subtotal_cost] => $23.40 (USD) [8] => 15.000 [invc_tax_01_percent] => 15.000 [9] => 0.00 [invc_tax_01_amount] => $0.00 (USD) [10] => 0.000 [invc_tax_02_percent] => 0.000 [11] => 0.00 [invc_tax_02_amount] => $0.00 (USD) [12] => 1 [invc_tax_autocalc] => 1 [13] => 1179878991 [invc_ts] => 2007-05-23 [14] => 1181088591 [invc_ts_due] => 2007-06-06 [15] => [invc_ts_paid] => [16] => 1 [invc_bill_cycle] => Monthly [17] => 1 [invc_recurring] => 1 [18] => 0 [invc_recurr_proc] => 0 [19] =>

This is for the "pay link" html provided by your third party billing people. [invc_pay_link] =>

This is for the "pay link" html provided by your third party billing people. [20] => Payment required to be posted / received by closing of due date. All late payments will be subjected to a 2% late charge. [invc_terms] => Payment required to be posted / received by closing of due date. All late payments will be subjected to a 2% late charge. [21] => 1002 [cl_id] => 1002 [22] => 1179878196 [cl_join_ts] => 1179878196 [23] => active [cl_status] => active [24] => prersonal [cl_company] => prersonal [25] => prersonal [cl_name_first] => prersonal [26] => prersonal [cl_name_last] => prersonal [27] => prersonal [cl_addr_01] => prersonal [28] => [cl_addr_02] => [29] => prersonal [cl_city] => prersonal [30] => prersonal [cl_state_prov] => prersonal [31] => Spain [cl_country] => Spain [32] => prersonal [cl_zip_code] => prersonal [33] => 654688798 [cl_phone] => 654688798 [34] => jxxxx@hotmail.com [cl_email] => jxxxx@hotmail.com [35] => kkkk [cl_user_name] => kkkk [36] => $1$4GqyNKpL$ZcrZEMNPSigimx7yy.qLm0 [cl_user_pword] => $1$4GqyNKpL$ZcrZEMNPSigimx7yy.qLm0 [37] => [cl_notes] => [38] => 0 [cl_groups] => 0 [numrows] => 1 )
log_ipn_detail:
INSERT INTO coin_ipn_text (ipn_txn_id, ipn_text_ts, ipn_log_text) VALUES ( 'tst1180564100', '1180564138', 'Credit applied to invoice 1003 for the amount of 0.01')

do_update_amt_applied:
UPDATE coin_ipn_log SET ipn_amt_applied = '0.01' WHERE ipn_txn = 'tst1180564100'

Array ( [0] => 1003 [invc_id] => 1003 [1] => paid [invc_status] => paid [2] => email [invc_deliv_method] => email [3] => 1 [invc_delivered] => Yes [4] => 1002 [invc_cl_id] => 1002 [5] => 23.40 [invc_total_cost] => $23.40 (USD) [6] => 0.01 [invc_total_paid] => $0.01 (USD) [7] => 23.40 [invc_subtotal_cost] => $23.40 (USD) [8] => 15.000 [invc_tax_01_percent] => 15.000 [9] => 0.00 [invc_tax_01_amount] => $0.00 (USD) [10] => 0.000 [invc_tax_02_percent] => 0.000 [11] => 0.00 [invc_tax_02_amount] => $0.00 (USD) [12] => 1 [invc_tax_autocalc] => 1 [13] => 1179878991 [invc_ts] => 2007-05-23 [14] => 1181088591 [invc_ts_due] => 2007-06-06 [15] => 1180555200 [invc_ts_paid] => 2007-05-31 [16] => 1 [invc_bill_cycle] => Monthly [17] => 1 [invc_recurring] => 1 [18] => 0 [invc_recurr_proc] => 0 [19] =>

This is for the "pay link" html provided by your third party billing people. [invc_pay_link] =>

This is for the "pay link" html provided by your third party billing people. [20] => Payment required to be posted / received by closing of due date. All late payments will be subjected to a 2% late charge. [invc_terms] => Payment required to be posted / received by closing of due date. All late payments will be subjected to a 2% late charge. [21] => 1002 [cl_id] => 1002 [22] => 1179878196 [cl_join_ts] => 1179878196 [23] => active [cl_status] => active [24] => prersonal [cl_company] => prersonal [25] => prersonal [cl_name_first] => prersonal [26] => prersonal [cl_name_last] => prersonal [27] => prersonal [cl_addr_01] => prersonal [28] => [cl_addr_02] => [29] => prersonal [cl_city] => prersonal [30] => prersonal [cl_state_prov] => prersonal [31] => Spain [cl_country] => Spain [32] => prersonal [cl_zip_code] => prersonal [33] => 654688798 [cl_phone] => 654688798 [34] => jxxxx@hotmail.com [cl_email] => jxxxx@hotmail.com [35] => kkkk [cl_user_name] => kkkk [36] => $1$4GqyNKpL$ZcrZEMNPSigimx7yy.qLm0 [cl_user_pword] => $1$4GqyNKpL$ZcrZEMNPSigimx7yy.qLm0 [37] => [cl_notes] => [38] => 0 [cl_groups] => 0 [numrows] => 1 )
invoice difference:
due paid

log_ipn_detail:
INSERT INTO coin_ipn_text (ipn_txn_id, ipn_text_ts, ipn_log_text) VALUES ( 'tst1180564100', '1180564138', 'Transaction caused invoice s status to change from due to paid')
eMail Results: Invoice
The Invoice ID 1003 email has been sent.
Back To Client

do_send_email_trans_ack:
Array
Array ( [invc_id] => 1003 [template] => email_trans_ack [it_id] => 56 )
log_ipn_detail:
INSERT INTO coin_ipn_text (ipn_txn_id, ipn_text_ts, ipn_log_text) VALUES ( 'tst1180564100', '1180564139', 'Transaction acknowledgement email sent')

sent trans ack email:

do_update_ipn_status:
UPDATE coin_ipn_log SET ipn_pay_stat=1 WHERE ipn_txn = 'tst1180564100'

txn_type:
subscr_payment

Thank you for testing. Your information has been submitted:

Is this what I should get on the second URL?

Obviously something needs to be done for the first URL to work. Be aware that although I get that message about hacking, bellow those 2 lines of error I get the table that is supossed to be there. So basically looks to me like mySQL is complaining but IPN is able to display the URL.

I wait for your news.
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: May 31, 2007 04:58 pm
Quote Post

Is this what I should get on the second URL?

Yes. apparantly the mod dispalys the actual MySQL queries that would occur.

I get that message about hacking, bellow those 2 lines of error I get the table that is supossed to be there

Enable debug_queries and instead of the "hack" message you will see the actual invalid query and specific MySQL error code and string. Admin -> Parameters -> common -> operation -> Show Debug Info

It is possible that I mis-named a table when I re-did the db calls to eliminate the need to "hack" phpCOIN source-code when installing IPN

--------------------

PM
jmz2
Posted: May 31, 2007 06:42 pm
Quote Post

I did as you said, this is the error message (2 errors)
Database Error
Unable to execute query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM coin_ipn
Error returned is: (1146 : Table 'phpin.coin_ipn' doesn't exist).
Check the syntax / server connection and and try again.

Database Error
Unable to execute query: SELECT * FROM coin_ipn ORDER BY ipn_ts DESC LIMIT 0, 25
Error returned is: (1146 : Table 'phpin.coin_ipn' doesn't exist).
Check the syntax / server connection and and try again.

The error is clear but I will not be able to amend it myself. Will you please advice?
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com