phpCOIN

Forum Rules Integrated Add-Ons

For questions and issues dealing with add-ons that were later integrated into the phpCOIN base-code, such as the IPN and WYSIWYG add-ons. This forum is for historical purposes only and contains posts relating to before the add-on was integrated into phpCOIN. Now that the add-ons are integrated, our answers WILL be different.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> IPN PayLink
KrishManohar
  Posted: April 17, 2007 05:12 am
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 2,384

Hello,
I been searching for this question for hour now so here it is:

I setup IPN & Tested it.

Now i got all my product.

Now i want to have only paypal subscription payment mehod which i want to use ipn.

How do i go about setting that for each product.

please give me and example of me using ipn.

Thanks,
Krish Manohar
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: April 17, 2007 07:17 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

Just setup an ordinary paylink for each product. Whetehr the paylinsk returns now or via IPN makes no difference to the paylink.

On PayPal website you tell it to use IPN.

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
KrishManohar
Posted: April 18, 2007 02:29 pm
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 2,384

QUOTE (cantex @ April 17, 2007 06:17 pm)
Just setup an ordinary paylink for each product. Whetehr the paylinsk returns now or via IPN makes no difference to the paylink.

On PayPal website you tell it to use IPN.

Okay, From what i am gathering, is if i setup a regular paylink, to subcribe or buynow, just set it to return to my domain ipn to validate the customer.

Little example please cantex
Show and example of what the paylink to send my customer to for subscription Please and i already set up the return link to my ipn in my paypal profile.

Thanks cantex smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: April 19, 2007 01:56 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

if i setup a regular paylink, to subcribe or buynow, just set it to return to my domain ipn to validate the customer

Sending PayPal return info to IPN means that the IPN mod can apply a payment to an invoice that phpCOIN knows nothing about. For instance, if you create an invoice today, and another one tomorrow, but the customer does not click on a link and pay you until next week, phpCOIN would have no way of knowing which invoice to apply the payment to. But the IPN mod does a "matching" process to try and figure out which invoice to apply the payment to.

The down side is that if you want to use the WHM add-on to create the actual server account, it would NOT be triggered by IPN. WHM needs to fire on order-complete, so you either need to let PayPal return to phpCOIN orders module, or you need to modify the WHM add-on to get triggered on order-process rather than order-payment-completed.

Show and example of what the paylink to send my customer to for subscription

PayPal can show you that on their site.
There is only one problem with letting PayPal handle the subscription ~ phpCOIN would NOT have an invoice to apply a payment against.

Best bet is to let phpCOIN create the invoice each month/year/whatever and have the customer click a paylink ~ you would have a complete invoice/payment trail that way.

Optionally, even if you setup PayPal paylink as a subscription item, let phpCOIN create the invoice and either NOT email it, OR add a comment to it that payment will be deducted automatically by PayPal so do NOT click the paylink. Then IPN can handle an incoming payment and apply it to the invoice. This way you get paid "automatically" even if the customer forgets, and phpCOIN has a full invoice/payment trail.

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com