phpCOIN

Forum Rules Integrated Add-Ons

For questions and issues dealing with add-ons that were later integrated into the phpCOIN base-code, such as the IPN and WYSIWYG add-ons. This forum is for historical purposes only and contains posts relating to before the add-on was integrated into phpCOIN. Now that the add-ons are integrated, our answers WILL be different.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> WHM & IPN, Total Noob
Crazy
Posted: February 01, 2007 04:28 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,628

Ok ... So i got everything going. First of all ... IPN ... How do i get that to work with paypal ... I installed it all correctly just not 100% on it. I've logged in to paypal >profile> IPN> put the link sales/coin_modules/ipn/vendors/paypal/paypal.php

And can anyone just give me a quick guide to creating the paylink for paypal. I know how to do it on PHPCoin just paypal i am a bit confussed on.

I also completed an order. And i got the Thank you very much page. but WHM didn't create an account :S I match all products. Just need a little explaining smile.gif

Sorry for being a newb guys smile.gif

Crazy
PMEmail Poster
jon123
Posted: February 04, 2007 02:18 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,718

That makes 2 of us.
I seem to have everything working ok.
Problem is I am not sure if WHM module is supposed to create an account automatically on WHM?? I can't find any info regarding this.

Is there any product user guide for dummies? Call me stupid but when an oprder is placed then payed for, what is supposed to happen? What is the sequence of events?

At present I have to change the client details from pending to active ~ Order details auto switch to paid. Nothing appears under domains.

My first comment that is seems to be working ok, maybe wrong.

Sorry for the dumb questions but accounting is not my strong point
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: February 04, 2007 07:02 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

I am not sure if WHM module is supposed to create an account automatically on WHM

It is supposed to create the account when the "return from paying" info is passed to phpCOIN orders. This would happen on a normal ordering process, but not when IPN is used.

I have to change the client details from pending to active

You could also change the default client status so they are "active" to start with. http://forums.phpcoin.com//index.php?showtopic=30&hl=active

when an oprder is placed then payed for, what is supposed to happen

If the Paylink is allowed to return to the orders mod, then the invoice will be marked paid and that is it. No further processing of domain or cleint/order status is performed by phpCOIN.
The WHM add-on will attempt to create an account in WHM, but the add-on is written to interact with the orders mod, so if you tell PayPal to use IPN, the orders mod is bypassed therefore the WHM add-on never gets called.

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
jon123
Posted: February 04, 2007 07:33 pm
Quote Post

Thank you cantex. Really apreciate you taking the time to help.
I see you posting all day on here and can't imagine how frustrating it must be to continually have to "pop in" and answer questions you've probably answered a hundred times.

I apologise beforehand for yet again adding to your frustration by asking.

I have ipn installed but the so-called ipn "switch" is set to off.
So in effect, when someone payes using (lets say)Paypal, they get returned to the thank you page which states they have paid, (which works ok), then the WHM module should auto create the hosting account.....yes?

if that is true, then I guess i have a communication problem between the two. I created 3 hosting packages which phpCOIN recognised so I guess my problem must be somewhere else!

I will check all setting again and see what happens.
I will changee clients to 'active' to start (thx)

Thanks again for your time
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: February 04, 2007 07:51 pm
Quote Post

see you posting all day on here and can't imagine how frustrating it must be to continually have to "pop in" and answer questions you've probably answered a hundred times.

My God, he knows me!
biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

I have ipn installed but the so-called ipn "switch" is set to off.
So in effect, when someone payes using (lets say)Paypal, they get returned to the thank you page which states they have paid, (which works ok), then the WHM module should auto create the hosting account.....yes?

Yes.

... I created 3 hosting packages which phpCOIN recognised so I guess my problem must be somewhere else!

Sounds like you installed that part correctly smile.gif
Did you edit the /coin_includes/api.php file (or replace it with the WHM addon one) so phpCOIN will call WHM addon?
Did you enable the relevent Admin -> Parameters -> API flags? I cannot find the instructions to do this in the latest iteration of the add-on?
You will need to enable both the master switch "API Output Master Enable", and the specific "API Output Enable: Order Return Proc" switch

--------------------
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
jon123
Posted: February 04, 2007 08:39 pm
Quote Post

Thanks for the reply again.

I only altered the pages the whm module requested. I can't remember which file it said "if you have made changes to this file.................", I had not.
I will re-check those settings.

Is there an easier way to test the account creation? At present, I set a package to 10 pence then pay via paypal. Is there anyway I can manipulate this part to get to the thank you page?

many thanks
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: February 04, 2007 09:43 pm
Quote Post

Is there anyway I can manipulate this part to get to the thank you page?

Enable test/demo mode, the place "test" orders to your heart's content.
The link will not goto PayPal, but most other things in phpCOIN will work as if it did.

--------------------

PM
jon123
Posted: February 05, 2007 06:42 am
Quote Post

Thank you most kindly.
I will test it now
PMEmail Poster
Crazy
Posted: February 05, 2007 04:24 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Cool ... Just wondering smile.gif When i make the buttons in paypal it asks for a return link... Can this be a page i create or doe it have to be a pages for PHPCoin to know payment has been made ??? Never really got that
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: February 06, 2007 03:08 am
Quote Post

It can be a page you make. It should be phpCOIN, so it can display the "thank you", send any necessary emails, call the WHM add-on to create the account, etc.

See this post http://forums.phpcoin.com//index.php?showtopic=411&hl= for a little more details

--------------------

PM
Crazy
Posted: February 06, 2007 01:46 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (cantex @ February 06, 2007 07:08 am)
It should be phpCOIN, so it can display the "thank you", send any necessary emails, call the WHM add-on to create the account, etc.

what page should it go to then ? is it http://www.example.co.uk/phpCOIN/mod.php?m...ers&mode=return

This post has been edited by Crazy on February 06, 2007 02:01 pm
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: February 06, 2007 03:01 pm
Quote Post

The link you gave, with also a good/no good parameter and an order_id

--------------------

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com