phpCOIN

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Order - Pay - Invoice - Status, Understanding the whole process
soulbriski
Posted: February 25, 2013 09:58 pm
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,583

Hi

Firstly I want to congratulate you on such a terrific product and thank you for providing me with 50% of my solution. I am using phpCOIN mainly for the client creation and management features including payment processing and recurring payments. The rest is very bespoke to my service.

My site offers a service entirely removed from hosting or other similar web service and I have had to add lots of my own code and modules to provide the complete solution. The basis of my client purchase process is that they order one of 5 products and pay for it via PayPal.

I've spent a good few hours now trawling the forums and the documentation in an attempt to understand the process of my users ordering a product and paying for it upfront via PayPal but I can't quite find the final bits I need.

This is the process
  • Chose the product they want
  • Accept the ToS and other policies
  • Enter their registration details
  • Pay for it via PayPal

My question are as follows:

1. In view of the fact that they have paid up front and the ipn confirms success, why does the invoice remain due and 'pending' and only changes to paid when I (as Admin) create a transaction against it?

2. Can I automate the status of the order to 'completed' for these up-front payments?

What I am trying to acheive is that if a user completes the purchase, he will automatically be able to log in and start to use the features of the online package he has just bought.

For further info. All my paylinks are set up for each of the products, IPN is turned on, everything works pefectly well but I would just like to automate the process of Order - Pay - Use

Even if someone can just post a link to a helpful post or similar I would be most grateful

PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: February 26, 2013 04:59 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

If the IPN can successfully identify the invoice that has been paid, it should update the INVOICE status to 'Paid' and make the corresponding payment entry.

Your IPN logs should indicate if the IPN has managed to identify and match the client/invoice that the PayPal payment amount corresponds to.

An ORDER is never updated by IPN

Couple of previous forum threads that might help you:

http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=2590
http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=3158

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
soulbriski
Posted: February 26, 2013 07:20 am
Quote Post

Thanks for your reply lightman.

I had searched the forum for hours for paypal, paylink, invoice, order, invoice paid, invoice status and all variations of the above but all to no avail. I didn't find either of the 2 links you pointed me to!

Having looked at those 2 topics things are a little clearer but only to confirm my original problem.

My IPN logs confirm that the Invoice ID is being returned but the invoice status remains 'due' when I view the client account. Drilling down even further into the invoice in question I can see that a transaction for a debit was raised for the invoice amount as one would expect but the invoice status is still 'due' and showing the 'Pay Now' button. The tip about changing the message text to say the account will be confirmed when PayPal send notification was very helpful.

I know there is not a software bug, the method is obviously tried and tested for many years by many of your grateful users so I suspect I am missing something really obvious in my settings but I can't get to the bottom of it.

After I posted my question last night, I went back and tried again one more time to register a new client as follows.

NB. My site is a long way of live yet and I am using a sandbox to test the process.

New user comes along and selects a package, accepts all the T's & C's, fills in his client info, pays for the service using PayPal and returns to merchant etc.

Client account sucessfully created
Invoice raised for correct amount
Transaction raised for correct invoice (IPN log confirms Invoice ID is returned)
client recieves email confirmation of his order by way of an acknowledgement

The invoice however still says 'due' even after 8 hours

Sorry if I have proved myself to be a complete numpty but I can't find out why the invoice status is not changing to 'Paid'

Any further help would be greatly appreciated
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: February 26, 2013 08:06 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Couple of checks

Is Admin -> Vendor -> xxxxx -> Use IPN flag set to YES ?

Do you get a 'buy' parameter back from the IPN ? and is it correctly configured in your Buy Return Param Value: for the Vendor ?

From the docs:
When a user is sent back to the orders page by a billing vendor, the incoming data from the billing vendor is scanned for a "buy" parameter. If found, the invoice is marked paid and a "thanks" message is displayed. If the "buy" parameter is not found or not set, the invoice is obviously not marked as paid, and a "sorry" message is displayed.

If the Admin -> Vendor -> xxxxx -> Use IPN flag is YES then an order return will not mark an invoice as paid. This is because phpCOIN expects an incoming payment advice connection at a later time, and it would be illogical to have two separate functions at two separate times trying to apply a payment.

See
http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/Vendors
http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/PayLinks...tion_.7E_Orders

(I have some vague distant recollection about PayPal sandbox NOT sending back a 'buy' token some years ago - but this may well no longer be the case smile.gif )

Some additional links that might help:

http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=3168

As noted in the above thread, do make sure your transactions are not being held as 'Payment Review' in PayPal itself - it's an easy trap to fall into - I did it myself !! If they are 'Payment Review' and you click on them to authorize them in PayPal - you may well get a further IPN string sent that will mark the invoice as 'Paid'

http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=2823
http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=2839
http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=2833

Or do a search in the forums for "paypal sandbox" biggrin.gif

--------------------
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
soulbriski
Posted: February 26, 2013 07:28 pm
Quote Post

Thanks again lightman for your continued support.

Is Admin -> Vendor -> xxxxx -> Use IPN flag set to YES ?

Yes the IPN flag is set to YES

Do you get a 'buy' parameter back from the IPN ? and is it correctly configured in your Buy Return Param Value: for the Vendor ?

Although it is configured correctly, the return_link_buy value is not being returned but I wasn't worried because we want the notification from PayPal to set this so that we don't miss any as per docs and other threads etc.

make sure your transactions are not being held as 'Payment Review' in PayPal itself

The IPN log confirms that the transaction status is 'paymentreview' so I am off to check it in PayPal Sandbox

I'm off to check the other posts and PayPal Sandbox and will report back here
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: February 26, 2013 07:46 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Sorry it took so long to pin it down - I haven't set up a PayPal for so long it took some effort to drag the details out of the grey matter smile.gif

I'm pretty sure the issue revolves around the 'payment review' setting and I hope your further tests will verify that.

--------------------
PM
soulbriski
  Posted: February 26, 2013 08:23 pm
Quote Post

OK, I've just been playing in my sandbox and can report as follows for the benefit of all.

The 'Payment Review' switch in the sandbox for the receiving account is critical in it's effect on this matter.

If Enabled then PayPal will let phpCOIN know in their own time when payment clears. it could take up to 2 days!
Payments received: We are reviewing this transaction. Please don't send the item until we complete our review

If Disabled then sandbox will mark the payment as complete
Payments received: The transaction was successful and the money has been credited to your account.

To summarize, I had enabled 'Payment Review' in my sandbox and all payments were then subject to being cleared by PayPal (Up to 2 days). PayPal was returning
payment_status = 'Pending'
pending_reason = 'paymentreview'

I disabled the 'Payment Review' and now it's returning
payment_status = 'Completed'

The invoice in phpCOIN is still showing due at this moment but i suspect that will clear shortly? unsure.gif

I will also reitterate that in order to test your site using Sandbox, you must first login to your sandbox account in a different tab in the same browser.

Thanks lightman for pointing me in the right direction and I will report back with any further news
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: February 26, 2013 08:30 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

I have to confess, I thought that a payment that had been received by PayPal into a sandbox account with the payment review set, could be 'authorised' by the PayPal account owner.

From the PayPal sandbox manual (Available from https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/TR/tr_TR...x_UserGuide.pdf in PDF format )

Completing or Canceling a Pending Transaction
1. In the buyer’s transactions log, click the Details link (in the Details column).
2. In the Transaction Detail window, there are two links to simulate actual bank clearing.
These links appear only in the Sandbox, as shown below:
– Clear Transaction: Click to complete the transaction.

As far as I remember, if you click the 'complete the transaction' the IPN will send anther token to your phpCOIN and mark the invoice 'Paid' (thus simulating the token the live account would send after a couple of days once the payment had been cleared by PayPal)

--------------------
PM
soulbriski
Posted: February 26, 2013 08:58 pm
Quote Post

I have to confess, I thought that a payment that had been received by PayPal into a sandbox account with the payment review set, could be 'authorised' by the PayPal account owner.

Yes this is true, the account holder can 'Authorise' the status change and having done so, I'm still waiting for that IPN log to appear. Maybe I'm just too impatient!

PMEmail Poster
soulbriski
Posted: February 27, 2013 12:19 am
Quote Post

Hmmmmmm, things aren't as good as I thought!

A few hours have passed now and many purchases made via the PayPal sandbox but still the invoices will not mark as 'Paid'.

I've turned the PAYPAL_DEBUGFILE option on and it would appear that PayPal is behaving correctly as shown here

Incoming Connection From: 173.0.82.126
  Connection Is From PayPal
  PayPal Call-Back URL: www.sandbox.paypal.com
  Socket To PayPal Opened
  Sending Data To PayPal: cmd=_notify-validate&mc_gross=6.00&invoice=1029&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&payer_id=XF7V44ZHJ2QPS&tax=0.00&payment_date=17%3A54%3A41+Feb+26%2C+2013+PST&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&first_name=fred&mc_fee=0.40&notify_version=3.7&custom=&payer_status=verified&business=keith_1361659573_biz%40testsite.co.uk&quantity=1&verify_sign=AFcWxV21C7fd0v3bYYYRCpSSRl31A-bAUu8QmKYFseLQEfJQllXvEdS.&payer_email=fred_1361659490_per%40testsite.co.uk&txn_id=18A678811H167991U&payment_type=instant&last_name=blogs&receiver_email=keith_1361659573_biz%40testsite.co.uk&payment_fee=&receiver_id=TPVQNNARCRGDC&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Additional+5+Employee+pack&mc_currency=GBP&item_number=Additional+5+Employee+pack&residence_country=GB&test_ipn=1&handling_amount=0.00&transaction_subject=Additional+5+Employee+pack&payment_gross=&shipping=0.00&ipn_track_id=aada01851cb67
  Received From Paypal: HTTP/1.0 302 Found
Server: BigIP
Connection: close
Content-Length: 0

Closing IPN Connection Log

Everything would appear to be in order except for the fact that the invoice status wont change.

This bit of code is from line 204 of paypal.php

CODE
# IF we have a confirmed payment (either test mode or resubmit by admin, or real data from PayPal), process it
IF ($_CONFIRMED) {

# Check to make sure recipient is correct
 IF (($_cburl == 'www.sandbox.paypal.com' && strpos($_CCFG['PAYPAL_SBEMAIL'], $ipn->txn_receiver_email) === FALSE)
 || (strpos($_CCFG['PAYPAL_RECEIVER_EMAIL'], $ipn->txn_receiver_email) === FALSE)) {
  $ipn->set_throw_user_mismatch(1);
 }

# Determine if TXN number has been used before
 IF ($ipn->do_get_txn_count() > 1 && strpos($ipn->txn_id, 'S-') === FALSE && $ipn->txn_payment_type != 'echeck' && !$_CCFG['IPN_ALLOW_RESUBMIT']) {
  $ipn->set_throw_dup_mismatch(1);
 }

# Process transaction
 $ipn->process_ipn();

# Redirect to main page if NOT paypal or test mode (prevent hackers from POSTing a payment)
} ELSE {
 IF ($_CCFG['PAYPAL_WRITEDEBUG']) {
  fputs($open_file, "Invalid Connection Attempt - Exiting IPN\r\n\r\n");
  fclose($open_file);
 }

$url = BASE_HREF;
 header("Location: $url");
}

The function call to process the transaction, $ipn->process_ipn(); is working because the transaction acknowledgement email is being sent correctly as per this bit of code from line 192 of the ipn.class.php file

CODE
 # Sent trans ack email
  IF ($_CCFG['IPN_SEND_TRANS_ACK']) {
   $this->do_send_email_trans_ack($this->txn_invc_id, 'email_trans_ack', $it_id);
   $this->log_ipn_detail($this->txn_id, $_LANG['_IPN']['IPN_ACK_EML_SNT']);
  }

# update status
  $this->do_update_ipn_status($this->txn_id, 1);

However, the ipn_pay_stat field in the ipn_log table is not being updated to '1' as the function call $this->do_update_ipn_status($this->txn_id, 1); would suggest in the code below.

CODE

function do_update_ipn_status($ipn_txn, $status) {
 global $_DBCFG, $db_coin;
 # Update status of parent txn
 $query  = 'UPDATE '.$_DBCFG['ipn_log'].' SET ';
 $query .= "ipn_pay_stat='".$db_coin->db_sanitize_data($status)."'";
 $query .= ' WHERE ';
 $query .= "ipn_txn='".$db_coin->db_sanitize_data($ipn_txn)."'";
 $result = $db_coin->db_query_execute($query);
 $this->debug_message('do_update_ipn_status', $query);
}

The only thing I can think is that the $ipn_txn in the WHERE clause is failing.

Sorry for so much detail but I can't explain it without all this
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: February 27, 2013 06:30 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

The only thing I can see - from checking your PayPal debug against what I have working on a live site is that there seems to be something missing from the end of the PayPal transaction

You have
Received From Paypal: HTTP/1.0 302 Found
Server: BigIP
Content-Length: 0

And my logs show something like
  Received From Paypal: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:32:38 GMT
Server: Apache
Set-Cookie: <<long cookie string here>>; domain=.paypal.com; path=/; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: cookie_check=yes; expires=Mon, 15-Feb-2021 13:32:38 GMT; domain=.paypal.com; path=/; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: navcmd=_notify-validate; domain=.paypal.com; path=/; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: navlns=0.0; expires=Thu, 13-Feb-2031 13:32:38 GMT; domain=.paypal.com; path=/; HttpOnly
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

VERIFIED

So, assuming the IPN is indeed working as you suggest (since it sends mails and applies a payment amount to the invoice) and the only thing missing is the update of the invoice 'paid' status - I can only hypothesize that IPN is NOT receiving the information it expects.

It does seem as if PayPal sandbox is not successfully connecting to your server and sending the 'VERIFIED' flag. The content length 0 and 302 response is what concerns me.

--------------------
PM
soulbriski
Posted: March 09, 2013 09:09 am
Quote Post

Just a quick note to say that i haven't abandoned this thread but have become otherwise engaged. I will be back to the problem soon and will update the thread with my findings. All too often people find a solution but never bother to inform everyone so rest assured, I will report back.

From what lightman has demonstrated, the issue appears to be with PayPal and I will be investigating further.
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 09, 2013 04:56 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

The problem we found with PayPal IPN was the unreliability of the PayPal connections to ones server. This was precisely why the ~/coin_cron/paypal.php was written.

Given that the emails from PayPal seem to be somewhat more reliable than the IPN, this file is designed to be run by cron and connects to whatever email account you configure, and attempts to find and parse the data contained in any emails from PayPal - and then applies the data as if it had come via the IPN.

See :-

http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=1761
http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=2408
http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=1690
http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=1700

(Please note that the links to the docs site for the IPN_Module no longer work, as those docs pages were deleted after the IPN was built into coin rather than being a separate add-on)

Also check out the admin parameters you need to set in ;

Admin > parameters > group=cronjobs subgroup=ipn

And I found this post relating to PayPal sandbox which might help:
http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=2833

--------------------
PM
soulbriski
Posted: March 11, 2013 01:54 am
Quote Post

OK, I think I have finally solved this issue but I would appreciate if lightman will confirm my findings.

In PHPcoin I have created client accounts during testing and in my ignorance simply entered ficticious email addresses for each new client account that I created. i.e. bob@smith.com, john@doe.com and so on. (email address have to be unique)

In my PayPal sandbox, I created a buyer account called Fred Bloggs and the email address for him was fred_1362965208_per@mydomain.com (Of course there is also a business account in sandbox)

Now then, within the ipn/vendors/paypal.php file, there is a function call around line 92
CODE
$ipn->set_txn_cl_id($ipn->do_get_client_id());

and here is that function in the ipn/ipn.class.php file

CODE
function do_get_client_id() {
 global $_DBCFG, $db_coin, $_CCFG;
 # Build query string
 $client['cl_id'] = 0;
 $query  = 'SELECT DISTINCT cl_id from '.$_DBCFG['clients'].' ';
 $query .= 'LEFT JOIN '.$_DBCFG['clients_contacts'].' ';
 $query .= 'ON '.$_DBCFG['clients'].'.cl_id='.$_DBCFG['clients_contacts'].'.contacts_cl_id ';
 $query .= 'WHERE '.$_DBCFG['clients'].".cl_email='".$db_coin->db_sanitize_data($this->txn_payer_email)."'";
 $query .= 'OR '.$_DBCFG['clients_contacts'].".contacts_email='".$db_coin->db_sanitize_data($this->txn_payer_email)."'";

$this->debug_message('find client by email',$query);
 # Do select and return check
 $numrows = $db_coin->db_query_numrows($result);

IF ($_CCFG['IPN_SEARCH_NAME'] && $numrows == 0) {
  $query  = 'SELECT cl_id FROM '.$_DBCFG['clients'];
  $query .= " WHERE (cl_name_last='".$db_coin->db_sanitize_data($this->txn_lastname)."' AND cl_name_first='".$db_coin->db_sanitize_data($this->txn_firstname)."')";
 # Do select and return check
  $numrows = $db_coin->db_query_numrows($result);
  $this->debug_message('find client by name',$query);
 }

$client = $db_coin->db_fetch_array($result);
 $this->debug_message('find client by email result: ',$client['cl_id']);

return $client['cl_id'];
}

In my case, the first query execution above will return no results because my PayPal Buyer Email address will not be found in my clients or clients_contacts tables

$_CCFG['IPN_SEARCH_NAME'] is set to YES in params...operation...ipn so the next line in the function will be true and we will look for the buyer's first and last names in the clients table.

This will also return no results but it is worth noting that there could be more than one client with the same first and last names?

That means therefore that $txn_cl_id will be 0 and the payment will not be credited to the client.

It just so happens that I had in fact named one of my ficticious clients 'Fred Bloggs' with an email address of 'test@test.com'

The ipn_cl_id field in the ipn_log table was 0 for every order and my eureka moment came when I spotted it appear as 10 on my latest order and I knew I was in the account of client number 8

lightman had pointed me to various other topics and the most relevant of those is http://forums.phpcoin.com/index.php?showtopic=1690&st=45

Unfortunately, I didn't make the connection about those buyer emails not existing in my PHPcoin! Reading it back now though it all makes more sense.

So what about real world?

If a PHPcoin client called Peter Griffin <petergriffin@familyguy.com> uses the PayPal account of Joe Swanson <joeswanson@familyguy.com> to order products then the ipn will not credit the payment to Peter's account?
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 11, 2013 05:50 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

The critical bit here is :

Admin > parameters > group=operation subgroup=ipn >

IPN: Select Invoice By Name
YES: If there is no invoice number or email address match, then use the first and last name of the payer to determine the invoice
NO: Use only the supplied invoice number or email address to determine which invoice to pay

I would suggest that YES would be the more appropriate.

As long as your paylink contains the invoice number for matching, AND you don't have your paypal system set to 'review' - your real world transactions should match on the invoice number, and apply the amount.

--------------------
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com