phpCOIN

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Running Phpcoin V1.6.5 On A Php 5.3.x Platform, What you can do until 166 is released
lightman
Posted: June 06, 2014 05:32 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Here is the fileset that own3mail worked extremely hard to modify, and very kindly supplied us.

Download phpCOIN v166 own3mail RC

I have been unable to audit any of the changes made to this fileset, and have therefor never released it as an official version.

Several 'Developers' that expressed interest in becoming the new Lead Developer were given the fileset, but non of them ever came back with any comments or contributed even one line of code sad.gif

Since I am unwilling to release this fileset as an official version at this time (this is no reflection on the quality of the code, nor does it necessarily indicate that there is anything wrong with the code, it is because I am not confident in my own skills as a coder to adequately assess and audit it unsure.gif ) , I must recommend that it is only deployed in a development environment, but please take the trouble to test it and give us feedback on any issues you encounter. biggrin.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
DavidAnderson
Posted: October 16, 2014 09:53 am
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,391

QUOTE (qtriangle @ June 05, 2014 08:15 am)

@own3mall
Have you handled the changes for ereg(i) etc as pointed out by lightman?

Note that ereg(i) hasn't been removed, even in PHP 5.6. It's still marked as deprecated, just as it is in 5.3 - but it's still there - http://uk1.php.net/eregi. So, there are no security implications of the use of these functions in PHP 5.4 or later.

I'm running on 5.4, but for back-end only (only I have access), so the potential security issues are minimal. For the front-end, I coded up a bespoke WordPress plugin that uses the phpCOIN database.

David

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Robert_Carter
  Posted: December 29, 2016 12:46 am
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 4,642

thx for this info, has anyone progressed with this issue? I just installed phpcoin through softaculous and php 5.3 and get a blank page. Do you think I should go with lightman's edit or install own3mall's version?
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: December 29, 2016 05:49 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I would recommend that you get the latest phpCOIN Force Edition from own3mall

Download available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpcoinfor...ot.zip/download

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com