Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tip if you are not sure on settings
djpete
Posted: April 23, 2008 05:10 am
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,298

Just a tip that some may not be aware of.
If you are not sure of a setting go to the live example online and check out what the settings are on that and then try it.
I have even tested it on the demo first before trying on mine.
Just try to put the settings back to what they were when you are done!!
I hope this is ok with Cantex and Lightman!

Most of the settings I have found are how the majority of users should have it set.

So in summary if you get stuck have a sticky in the backend of the demo phpcoin and usually you will work out what your settings should be.

For example I just checked the settings for the menu block as my link was not showing for clients when they logged in.
And yep I had them wrong.
Set it to admin block and user block no no and all good....

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: April 23, 2008 06:10 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I have even tested it on the demo first before trying on mine.
Just try to put the settings back to what they were when you are done!!
I hope this is ok with Cantex and Lightman!

Thats what the http://cpdemo.phpcoin.com site is for smile.gif

Don't worry about resetting any changes (unless you have put in any personal data) - the demo site is automatically reset to a default dataset at 22 mins past the hour/every hour !

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
djpete
Posted: April 23, 2008 11:04 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,298

Autoresets.
Excellent.
Even better.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: April 24, 2008 12:40 am
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

It does say on the front page of the demo site (and has done so for a long time):
This demo will reset the database every hour beginning at approximately xx:22 and wipe out your changes, so play to your heart's content.
smile.gif

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com