phpCOIN

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Creating Buttons, main menu button creation
dmcglone
Posted: January 08, 2012 12:58 am
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 4,541

I'm trying to move the "Admin Tools" links up to the top in the header and I've created 2 buttons for my admin menu first by copying the code in config.php

CODE

$_TCFG['_IMG_MU_CLIENT_AREA_B']= $_PARM_PREFIX.'cl_big_client_area.gif'.'" alt="'.$_LANG['_THEME']['ALT_IMG_MT_ABOUT_US_B'].$_PARM_SUFFIX;

$_TCFG['_IMG_MU_CLIENT_AREA_B_MO'] = $_CCFG['_PKG_URL_THEME_IMGS'].'nav/'.'cl_big_client_area.gif';

$_TCFG['_IMG_MU_AR_LISTING_B']= $_PARM_PREFIX.'cl_big_ar_listing.gif'.'" alt="'.$_LANG['_THEME']['ALT_IMG_MT_ABOUT_US_B'].$_PARM_SUFFIX;

$_TCFG['_IMG_MU_AR_LISTING_B_MO'] = $_CCFG['_PKG_URL_THEME_IMGS'].'nav/'.'cl_big_ar_listing.gif';

$_TCFG['_IMG_MU_CLIENT_ENVELOPE_B']= $_PARM_PREFIX.'cl_big_blank.gif'.'" alt="'.$_LANG['_THEME']['ALT_IMG_MT_ABOUT_US_B'].$_PARM_SUFFIX;

$_TCFG['_IMG_MU_CLIENT_ENVELOPE_B_MO'] = $_CCFG['_PKG_URL_THEME_IMGS'].'nav/'.'cl_big_blank.gif';

Then I am creating the 3 things needed for the button (Enable, Image and Link) in Group->theme by copying all info from one of the working buttons and taking care to change the info to match the new button, but only the first added items will work "client area" (button 07) "A/R Listings" (button 08) but I cannot get any other button I create after that to work (09) (10) (11) etc.....

What am I doing wrong?

One more thing, I'm wondering if there's a much easier way to just specify if you want the "Admin Tools" to appear in the header or side bar.. I've fished around but couldn't find anything. :-/

Thanks
David M.
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: January 08, 2012 07:59 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I am very unclear what you are trying to achieve here sad.gif

There are 2 menu bars:

* The Header Menu - used for general site navigation by any user (irrespective of login status) which has a max of 9 buttons
* The User Menu - displayed to logged in user or admin (and based on user type) which has a max of 9 buttons (button 01 is fixed and cant be changed) and 2 are undefined and may be allocated.

Since all the data for the buttons is held in the database, you would need to alter the code and the db entries to reflect any further buttons.

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
dmcglone
Posted: January 08, 2012 09:20 pm
Quote Post

which has a max of 9 buttons

Thanks Lightman, that explains it. :-/ Wish I could add the items on the left side of the page so I could remove all the menus so I could have full screen :-/

A while back I tried converting the menu's to image less css but didn't have much time to put into it. Maybe eventually I'll be able to.

What would you suggest I do concerning the layout I'm seeking?
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: January 09, 2012 04:53 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

In the cantex theme (as an example) the menu bars are built in ~/coin_themes/cantex/core.php in the function do_page_top_block_menu and function do_user_menu

If you wanted to hard code a css driven menu , I'd start there, but remember to wrap the menu items in the test for user/Admin smile.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
dmcglone
Posted: January 09, 2012 09:52 am
Quote Post

Thanks. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. I started using phpcoin due to time constraints, but will be sticking with it. The only drawback for me is the aesthetics. :-/
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com