phpCOIN

Forum Rules General Chat

To discuss anything NOT phpCOIN related (but do not spam advertisements into this forum)

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Available: Wordpress Module For A Phpcoin Database
DavidAnderson
Posted: October 30, 2012 03:53 am
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,391

Hi,

This is a general announcement and call for interested parties to get in touch...

I've authored some new (i.e. not re-using any of the phpCOIN code-base) code that is a plugin for WordPress. It works on a phpCOIN database, and re-implements some phpCOIN front-end functionality.

It does this in a modern, standards-compliant, extensible manner. It has been developed against the latest WordPress, 3.4.2, and uses no deprecated interfaces. It provides a modern UI using jQuery, avoiding page reloads wherever possible (e.g. tables can be re-sorted on-the-fly instead of a new page load like in phpCOIN). It is coded with WP_DEBUG on and AFAIK produces no warnings of any kind.

At this stage, my goal has been to provide a WordPress front-end to my phpCOIN database. (Nearly) all the back-end administration remains in phpCOIN. The two are complementing each other. The visitor to the website can visit a modern WordPress site; the administrator still has the tried-and-tested phpCOIN to use.

At this stage I'm not in a position to generally release it. It only implements the parts of phpCOIN that I need, and I don't have any time to deal with the support issues it would raise.

What I am open for is if there are people who are looking for a migration path for their phpCOIN setup to a modern CMS-based system, but still using/retaining all their historical data, and would like to work with me, using this WordPress module. We can open a conversation and see how we could help each other. You could contribute fresh code to re-implement parts that I am not interested in; or you could pay me to develop those features. Eventually we may end up with something suitable for general release.

Get in touch at david bat wordshell dot net, except that's an at and not a bat. :-)

David

WordShell - fast WordPress admin from the command line

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com