> Change From Line
artnet
Posted: March 21, 2013 03:48 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,273

Hi,

Simple question: where do I update the email address Invoices are sent from?

Thanks in advance
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 21, 2013 04:02 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Admin > eMail Contacts > select contact

AND

Admin > parameters > group=operations subgroup=email >
Email: Default Email
Last resort email address used when phpCOIN cannot locate a mail contacts entry

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
artnet
Posted: March 21, 2013 05:14 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

I don't use the email contact form therefore I turned off all mail contacts with the exception of Webmaster which I updated with the new the address however when sending manual Invoices it still goes from the old email address, last resort email is set to something different too, any ideas?
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 21, 2013 05:22 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

eMails from invoices will always use the 'Billing' address unless you redefine :

Admin > parameters > group=operation subgroup=email >

Mail Contacts: ID For Billing
The mail contact id to be used when phpCOIN requires an email address for Billing >
to use the webmaster id ( #4 by default)

Repeat for other contacts as required (they can all be the same id number smile.gif )

--------------------
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
artnet
Posted: March 21, 2013 06:20 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

OK thanks, I had renamed some of the contact names before therefore they are all mixed-up, may I ask you first if for instance I decide to leave the Billing as default for sending the Invoices the status for this contact must be ON in the 'Mail Contacts' selector then?
And secondly.. I understand now that I should always leave the four contact built-in names intact therefore would you let me know the names with id numbers for those contacts in order to restore to the built-in ones? Thanks in advance
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 21, 2013 06:30 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

OK thanks, I had renamed some of the contact names before therefore they are all mixed-up, may I ask you first if for instance I decide to leave the Billing as default for sending the Invoices the status for this contact must be ON in the 'Mail Contacts' selector then?
I don't think so - If I remember correctly, the status only refers to whether the contact appears in the contact form drop-down as a selectable destination - you might want to experiment to see if this is in fact the case biggrin.gif

And secondly.. I understand now that I should always leave the four contact built-in names intact therefore would you let me know the names with id numbers for those contacts in order to restore to the built-in ones? Thanks in advance

Mail Contacts: ID For Billing
The mail contact id to be used when phpCOIN requires an email address for Billing
1- Billing
Mail Contacts: ID For Orders
The mail contact id to be used when phpCOIN requires an email address for Orders
2- Orders
Mail Contacts: ID For Support
The mail contact id to be used when phpCOIN requires an email address for Support
3- Support
Mail Contacts: ID For Webmaster
The mail contact id to be used when phpCOIN requires an email address for Webmaster
4- Webmaster

--------------------
PM
artnet
Posted: March 21, 2013 06:46 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Thanks for your reply.. Yes I just confirmed the On/Off status affects the contact form drop-down field, as for the Id's somehow I had set #8 for Support, and none of the other existing names is #3, is there any way to reassign that?
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 21, 2013 07:02 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

The contact id numbers are auto assigned in the admin > eMail contacts section - so as long as the Admin > parameters > group=operation subgroup=email > IDs match what you have in Admin > eMail Contacts - you should be good to go smile.gif

--OR--

Directly edit the entries in the ~_mail_contacts table in your database (take care !!)

--------------------
PM
artnet
Posted: March 21, 2013 07:25 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Since you mentioned I attempted to edit the database however something is preventing me from making the changes and I noticed all tables have a duplicate with suffix: _bak for each, is this a phpcoin thing?
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 21, 2013 07:35 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

If you have a set of tables with the _bak suffix - you checked the backup option during a phpCOIN upgrade process. You can safely delete all the _bak tables if you no longer need any data they might contain

--------------------
PM
artnet
Posted: March 21, 2013 11:19 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

OK thanks man! the database blocking was provided as security measure from the web server, the host was notified and I'm able to edit now, I have another issue regarding PayPal setup but I guess I will research it or open a separate topic for that, thanks again for the great support smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com