phpCOIN

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Invoice To Mail, invoice is not send to mail
newday
Posted: March 03, 2013 12:50 am
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,597

Hello;

email sending is working but invoice generated is not sending to email weather from clients or from admin. when i try to send from admin I got error message: "An error has occurred, Please try again.
If problem continues, contact support via contact form. "

and I have browse through the post of this site searching for solution but no solution, I have set the necessary from parameters. please help me with solution info.

Thanks
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 03, 2013 07:43 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

phpCOIN does NOT send invoices by eMail.

It DOES send notifications that a new invoice is available for viewing/printing by the client if they log in - and the notification MAY include an abstract of the invoice details etc as defined in the mail templates http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/Email_Templates

phpCOIN does not send eMails itself - it passes them off to whatever mailer daemon is installed on your server using the PHP 'mail()' command.

If you are getting an error message, it would indicate that PHP is unable to pass the message to the mailer daemon - you should check your settings contain valid email addresses, and that you are using the correct protocol to authenticate to your mailer daemon (many do NOT require smtp authentication enabled if the mail is coming from a vhost on the same server as the mailer daemon) see http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/Email_not_working for more information

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
newday
Posted: March 03, 2013 10:19 am
Quote Post

Thank you for the message

Please explain what to set in other for the phpcoin to send notifications that a new invoice is available for viewing/printing by the client if they log in.
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 03, 2013 10:35 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Ensure all parameters in admin > parameters > group= all subgroup=email are correctly configured to reflect your email addresses and server settings

Ensure that any authentication you have set up in config.php is correctly configured.

Ensure that you have configured admin > parameters > group= all subgroup=invoices to your requirements

Ensure you have a valid cron job set up to trigger recurring invoices and email and status changes, or that you trigger them manually once a day using the Invoices > 'Actions' available as a loged in admin.

See
http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/Automatic_Invoice_On_Order
http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/Invoice_Questions
http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/Cron
http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/Manual_Invoices

--------------------
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
newday
Posted: March 03, 2013 11:55 am
Quote Post

Hello;

I really appreciate your support, but I still have the following error messages when I navigate to the files inside the coin_cron folder:

1. coin_cron/cron_config.php I get "Not Found

The requested URL /clients/coin_cron/error.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

2. coin_cron/helpdesk.php I got "Connecting to mail-server
Unable to connect to mail-serverClosing connection to mail-server

Message(s) processed: 0
Tickets(s) created or appended: 0"

2. coin_cron/invoices.php I got "Auto-Update Status: 1
Auto-Copy Recurring: 26
Auto-Email Due: 0
Auto-Email OverDue: 0
Soon-Due Reminders 0"

4. coin_cron/bills.php I got "Auto-Update Status: 0
Auto-Copy Recurring: 0"

plesae can you tell me what is wrong?
PMEmail Poster
newday
Posted: March 03, 2013 12:11 pm
Quote Post

in addition please tell me what or where to set "recur. processed:"
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 03, 2013 12:35 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

How are you calling the cron job ?

If you call using wget or curl or some other web-browser simulator you MUST configure the $_COINURL line in the ~/coin_cron/cron_config.php line

The fact that the system can't find the error.php may be due to a failure to configure the above, or that your server is not returning the path that the built-in where-am-I? code tries to discover, or that you are calling the cron job from the wrong location.

The helpdesk.php is not successfully connecting to the mail server - you probably need to revise your settings and strings in admin > parameters > group=cronjobs subgroup=helpdesk

Pay particular attention to the Auto-import: Protocol which must be set for your server (for instance - my server needs /imap:143/notls )

Recurr. Processed is on the Add Invoices Entry or Edit Invoices Entry and is updated by cron or invoice 'Actions' IF Recurring: is YES and a Billing cycle has been met.

--------------------
PM
newday
Posted: March 03, 2013 08:10 pm
Quote Post

Thank you
I have set the necessary configuration with the appropriate port settings and the mail servers, but still not working, please take a look of my server below:

Operating System Debian GNU/Linux
Sendmail Path /usr/sbin/sendmail
Perl Path /usr/bin/perl
Perl Version v5.12.3
PHP Version 5.2.17
MySQL Host localhost
MySQL version 5.5.29
PostgreSQL Host 1.pgsqlserver.com
PostgreSQL Version 9.2.3
POP3/IMAP Incoming Mail Server mail.supremecluster.com
POP3 Port 110
IMAP Port 143
SMTP Outgoing Mail Server mail.supremecluster.com
SMTP Port 25

please respond with useful information
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 04, 2013 05:56 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Please note that you are running on an untested platform - see http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/Pre-requisites

Im sorry, but there is not a lot more I can do unless you supply me with any relevant lines from your PHP error logs and mail logs.

On the basis that you state that all the rest of the mail functions in phpCOIN are working, I am beginning to wonder if your expectations about what phpCOIN will do (and when !) have not somehow been misinterpreted?

Write us a ordered list of the operations you are making, and your expectations of what you think should happen, and maybe I can clarify the operational sequence.

--------------------
PM
newday
Posted: March 04, 2013 08:46 am
Quote Post

Hello;
Here are the recent error message:

Warning: require_once(../coin_includes/session_set.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/newdayservers.com/clients/coin_cron/cron_config.php on line 42

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../coin_includes/session_set.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/www/newdayservers.com/clients/coin_cron/cron_config.php on line 42

note: I notice that i am having problem with these files:

1. http://newdayservers.com/clients/coin_cron/helpdesk.php
2. http://newdayservers.com/clients/coin_cron/cron_config.php

FRO THE ADMIN :
I can send invoice mail from admin
I can sen all other mails successfully
I can sen helpdesk ticket successfully
The site can even send email is an automated reminder to client

but the only problem new is the issue of HELPDESK : >>admin>>Import HelpDesk, I got error message:"Connecting to mail-server

Message(s) processed: 0
Tickets(s) created or appended: 0"
AND
when I navigate from my servers to " http://newdayservers.com/clients/coin_cron...onfig.php" I got error message:"Not Found

The requested URL /clients/coin_cron/error.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
and I have set the necessary in the cron_config.php before other coin_cron files work well.

any Ideal will be helpful
Thank you.
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 04, 2013 09:17 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Your problems are as follows:
Warning: require_once(../coin_includes/session_set.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/newdayservers.com/clients/coin_cron/cron_config.php on line 42

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../coin_includes/session_set.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/www/newdayservers.com/clients/coin_cron/cron_config.php on line 42
Look at the include path - '/usr/local/php5/lib/php' - this is clearly not where your phpCOIN installation is - you have failed to cd into your working directory as is clearly discussed in http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/Cron

but the only problem new is the issue of HELPDESK : >>admin>>Import HelpDesk, I got error message:"Connecting to mail-server
This will be because of an incorrect mail username or password or Auto-import: Protocol (or combination thereof) as noted in my previous post. (See also http://php.net/manual/en/function.imap-open.php for full details of connection string parameters and options)

So you are telling me that clicking on the email icon adjacent to the invoice you have created does NOT send the notification to the client ?

--------------------
PM
newday
Posted: March 04, 2013 09:52 am
Quote Post

NO clicking on the email icon adjacent to the invoice you have created DOES send the notification to the client. it send notification very fine.
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 04, 2013 09:54 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

In that case, the system IS working - and when the invoices cron job updates a copied recurring invoice from status 'Pending' to status 'Due' - it will send out the new invoice notification to the client !

--------------------
PM
newday
Posted: March 04, 2013 06:15 pm
Quote Post

Thank you for the info. its really helpful

but I still have the problem in settings and strings in admin > parameters > group=cronjobs subgroup=helpdesk, particularly the Auto-import: Protocol.

Here is the copy of response from my server support:
"This actually depends on the way, your script is executing the mails and its configuration. The best option is IMAP: 143, but still, you should check your script documentation."

so I am confused how do I use the response in my settings.

Thank you
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: March 04, 2013 07:19 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

If that is what your server admin tells you to do - enter it in admin > parameters > group=cronjobs subgroup=helpdesk

Auto-import: Protocol
Protocol and port that the helpdesk cronjob should connect to
"/imap:143" seems to work better than "/pop:110"
You may also need to try /IMAP/:143/notls or /:110/POP/notls or even other strings, depending on your mailserver

We have included examples of the common strings that we have found to work, but if it doesn't work on your server - you will have to experiment - the system uses the php imap_open() function - and all you are doing is supplying the parameters required by this function for YOUR mail server.

There is no more help I can give you on this issue - I know what works on MY server, but you will have to rely on your own server administrators advice for what might work on YOUR server biggrin.gif

--------------------
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com