phpCOIN

Forum Rules Themes: Other

For questions and issues dealing with free and/or paid themes provided by others. This forum is moderated and answered by the theme developer(s), not by phpCOIN staff

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> digired theme can't login, Theme problems
skspam
Posted: May 24, 2008 03:02 am
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 3,433

I have changed my theme to the digired theme and now I can't log in as admin. I am using the admin login, correct uname and pass. When I switch back to another theme via the database then I can log in fine. Any suggestions on how to fix the digired theme so that it will let me log in?

Thanks,
Sandy
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: May 24, 2008 02:37 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

A theme is just a skin and does not control the functionality of phpCOIN. You should be able to login regardless of what theme you use, because a theme does not control the login operation.

Having said that, you do need to either "modernize" the theme (preferred) or enable "compatibility mode" (quick stopgap).
There have been massive codebase changes between phpCOIN v1.2.2 (when digi-red was released) and phpCOIN v1.4.2 (the current release).
See the manual: http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/How_to_U...v1.3.1_or_Older

I just tested this on the dev site. I unzipped the digi-red theme, then edited config.php
CODE
# Theme settings
$_CCFG['_HC_PKG_THEME']   = 'digired';   // Use this theme if the next line is 0
$_CCFG['_DB_PKG_THEME_ENABLE'] = 0;     // Use the theme in the database
$_CCFG['ENABLE_COMPATIBILITY_MODE'] = 1;

I was able to login as an admin without an issue.
Note that without compatibility mode set, phpCOIN cannot find some theme files so defaults to using a built-in theme.

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com