phpCOIN

Forum Rules Miscellaneous Add-Ons

For questions and issues dealing with miscellaneous add-ons that do not warrant their own forum, including questions about non-existant addons.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> [Soon to come add-on's] PDF invoices and more, Unoffical add-ons soon to come
Elantrix
  Posted: February 06, 2007 12:33 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,745

Hello all, I am a very genuine PHP programmer which the intention of improving the way my website works and just want to share what I have created. Some of you may remember me before my deletion (changed forum?) or may not...

Just letting you know that I will be providing a PDF invoicing system with a bonus improved SMTP system which should fix some peoples problems with sending email's and it complies better to the SMTP protocol. PDF and improved SMTP is working, but I wont make it public until I properly test and do fix what is required.

Due to the need of added or improved functionality, I will be providing:
* improved paylinks which will extend the existing paylinks and incorporate it into the invoices as a multi-select feature.
* different terms can be added to the DB and incorporated as a multi-select feature like paylinks
* Improved support for multilingual features, such as having the option to add another siteinfo or page in a different language, have automated language selection with a selector at the top to force language selection, automated language translation for siteinfo or page sites through multilingual sites and anything else i can add to it
* I will also implement IPN (Instant Payment Notification) for Paypal and moneybookers (let me know if you want to see if yours can be added if i haven't mentioned it), this will let the website know exactly if the payment has gone through.
* Discount codes will allow you to specify the percentage, subtraction or various other functions to do when the user enters the correct code.
* Improved ordering system for hosting (Maybe given to public if reusable or feasible for reusability)

I will look over suggestions if you have any, but keep in mind that the above is what I am AIMING to place into my website (http://www.gigastorm.net) and this will keep me busy for the time being.

PDF and improved SMTP will be released most likely in about 2 weeks. The rest I am aiming to get all done in about 3 months (possibly less if the website gets going early).
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
videokid
Posted: February 06, 2007 01:07 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,710

Sounds very promising...

Question about the pdf's... will the invoice.pdf will be send with the invoice E-mail, so customers don't have to login to print their invoice?
That would be a cool feature [I used to do that, but I ditched my project because I don't have time anymore]

I'm into the multilangual feature... but I found out I got stuck sometimes in the parameters section because of the different language...

Honestly, I'm looking forward!

- Igor
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Elantrix
Posted: February 06, 2007 01:48 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,745

QUOTE (videokid @ February 06, 2007 12:07 pm)

Question about the pdf's... will the invoice.pdf will be send with the invoice E-mail, so customers don't have to login to print their invoice?
That would be a cool feature [I used to do that, but I ditched my project because I don't have time anymore]

Yes, it will automatically send a PDF version of the invoice to the client as well have a PDF button in the invoice page

QUOTE (videokid @ February 06, 2007 12:07 pm)
I'm into the multilangual feature... but I found out I got stuck sometimes in the parameters section because of the different language...

I'll try my best to allow total conversion as simple as possible through multiply language files for the base template and as described, the use of a selector (or global selector) to edit the language chosen in infosite, pages (and the user will be responsable for using LANG files in the auxpages).... My method will be automated by checking the location the IP is registered at and allowing the user to force the language through the language selection tab at the top of the page (this should be stored in the session or cookie).... Also I will add country details such as currency, distance, weight etc eg Australia will have $AUD, KM, KG, DD/MM/YY and for America it will be $USD, Miles, Stones (?), MM/DD/YY

This post has been edited by Elantrix on February 06, 2007 01:49 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
cantex
Posted: February 06, 2007 03:00 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

pdf invoices, pdf of all lists, improved smtp, discount codes, automatic paylinks, multi-item ordering, multiple simultaneous languages, unit conversions, etc.?????

Sounds like part of what is in v2

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
ssimon
Posted: March 01, 2007 09:33 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 173

This will be great as it will tie us over until Cantex finishes up v2!
PMEmail Poster
agent99
Posted: March 14, 2007 11:27 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,168

How about a Google Checkout IPN !!! This seems to be overlooked -- probably because its not as old as PayPal but its still a payment feature that could be used.
PM
dmbyte
Posted: January 10, 2008 01:50 pm
Quote Post

Group: Probation
Member No.: 2,710

QUOTE (Elantrix @ February 06, 2007 11:33 am)
Hello all, I am a very genuine PHP programmer which the intention of improving the way my website works and just want to share what I have created. Some of you may remember me before my deletion (changed forum?) or may not...

Just letting you know that I will be providing a PDF invoicing system with a bonus improved SMTP system which should fix some peoples problems with sending email's and it complies better to the SMTP protocol. PDF and improved SMTP is working, but I wont make it public until I properly test and do fix what is required.

Due to the need of added or improved functionality, I will be providing:
* improved paylinks which will extend the existing paylinks and incorporate it into the invoices as a multi-select feature.
* different terms can be added to the DB and incorporated as a multi-select feature like paylinks
* Improved support for multilingual features, such as having the option to add another siteinfo or page in a different language, have automated language selection with a selector at the top to force language selection, automated language translation for siteinfo or page sites through multilingual sites and anything else i can add to it
* I will also implement IPN (Instant Payment Notification) for Paypal and moneybookers (let me know if you want to see if yours can be added if i haven't mentioned it), this will let the website know exactly if the payment has gone through.
* Discount codes will allow you to specify the percentage, subtraction or various other functions to do when the user enters the correct code.
* Improved ordering system for hosting (Maybe given to public if reusable or feasible for reusability)

I will look over suggestions if you have any, but keep in mind that the above is what I am AIMING to place into my website (http://www.gigastorm.net) and this will keep me busy for the time being.

PDF and improved SMTP will be released most likely in about 2 weeks. The rest I am aiming to get all done in about 3 months (possibly less if the website gets going early).

So what has happened with the pdf plugin? I am very interested in this item..
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com