phpCOIN

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> how to insert images in the menu?, i want to insert some images in the menu
blueman
Posted: December 21, 2006 07:17 am
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,157

i was trying to insert some images in the menu left or right, but could not do it,
i did a search in the forum with that topic but couldn't find any.
is there a way to insert images in the menus or only text.
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: December 21, 2006 09:12 pm
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

From the old forums, by middleground:

Returning a image as the link:
First define the image- in the theme/config.php file, copy one of the image definitions and edit as required. I say this to make sure path to image get handled properly. One could also create a $_UVAR that defines the image and path....

Now when you define a menu block item, put the variable for the image in the "Item Text" field, and the URL in the URL field as normal....
IMPORTANT: Variable must begin with "$" and no single quotes in the variable. Example: $_TCFG[_IMG_RATE_PHPCOIN_B]

Returning a php function output:
First is to define the function in your copy of the <phpdir>/includes/custom.php
Some restrictions on this:
  • The function MUST return code and not echo it in the function. If you echo it, you end up with it at the top of the screen.
  • The function MUST begin with "do" for security reasons.
  • Remember where the output is going. Stick something to wide, or pages of info, and the menu block will reflect this.
Now when you define a menu block item, put the name of the function, minus the "do" prefix in the "Item Text" field, and the n/a in the URL field as it is ignored....
IMPORTANT: function input must begin with "_" and MUST match the function name other than the "do". Example: _admin_status

Is this what you are looking for?

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
celiakyle
Posted: September 01, 2008 11:01 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,570

What about images as the titles for the menu blocks? I tried what was in the docs by defining my image in the config.php file, but alas, that did not work. Is defining images for menu block titles an option and I just haven't figured out how?

Thanks!

Celia
PMEmail Poster
cantex
Posted: September 02, 2008 12:49 am
Quote Post

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Group: Archive
Member No.: 1

Menu titles are expected to be text. It is only menu items that can be text (regular menu links) or images (link) or the results of a function call (such as Google Adsense)

More info here: http://docs.phpcoin.com/index.php/Menu_Blocks_and_Items

--------------------
================================================================
Please do not email or PM me with a question:
1: I handle over a thousand emails a day, so chances are yours would be buried in the pile.
2: All questions will only be answered in the support forums, so the answers will be useful to others.

Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)

If you are trying to integrate posted sample code into your website, please take into account any changes in phpCOIN made after the code sample was posted. It is discouraging to spend hours answering questions or trying to track down an issue only to find that the user has a version of phpCOIN that makes the sample irrelevant
PM
celiakyle
Posted: September 02, 2008 07:57 am
Quote Post

Darn. Okay then. I was hoping I could insert my titles to match everything else.

Thanks cantex!

Celia
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: September 02, 2008 12:23 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

If you enable the wrapper function - you can build your own menus (including your menu block title images) in the left frame, and display the phpCOIN components in the main frame smile.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
celiakyle
Posted: September 02, 2008 02:04 pm
Quote Post

True. I'll go take a look around and see if I can find the "calls" for the phpcoin functions I do want in the sidebar. (Like the login form) and see what I can finagle. I just got used to wordpress's plugin that took any titles and replaced them with gif images based on what you did title it. If I knew enough about coding I'd give it a shot, but design is my only ability. biggrin.gif

Celia
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: September 02, 2008 02:09 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Unfortunately, this version of phpCOIN was never intended to be a 'Plug-n-Play' install like many of the CMS that are available - see the section 'Your knowledge level' in the Forum Guidelines

Version 2 will be much more user friendly with full html template themes smile.gif

The 'calls' are easy - go to the http://cpdemo.phpcoin.com/ site and you will see each side menu link in the bottom bar of your browser if you hover your mouse over it - alternately right click the link and view the properties for it.

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com