Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Have you considered
yamaharr1
Posted: September 02, 2008 03:32 pm
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,090

Hello I was just thinking about moving everything under one area so that meant doing away with my other systems and going fully with PHPCoin but then I realized I would be missing 2 elements that I plan to use a lot in the near future.

1. A forums (Nothing to extensive but main categories with sub categories and some basic admin functions I think would work nicely)
2. A calendar

Have you guys ever considered adding these things to coin?

A forums could save me some time with repeated questions or get others to lend a hand. I have started to use the F&Q but this is time consuming.

The calendar would be great for scheduled maintenance and other notices.

This might not be good for everybody but I think the majority could make use of it.

--------------------
If I make worthless posts with worthless information please do not blame me blame my age.
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: September 02, 2008 03:57 pm
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

1) Never going to happen - there are plenty of forum suits available and our users can't even agree on what software we should use for this support forum - whatever we did would be wrong !

2) We have briefly discussed the possibility of doing an integration of eGroupware or some other software suit with phpCOIN v2 - but this is very much a long term project (if indeed it ever happens) so don't expect it any time soon after v2 is released. v2 will include a much more advanced To-Do implementation that might suit your needs smile.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
yamaharr1
Posted: September 03, 2008 12:18 am
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,090

The forums that are available are not an easy integration as far as a user signing in once and seeing 1 design. But I wouldn't use one of these existing forum systems they would be to bloated, I would add a much more simpler one just along the lines for the posting with the admin able to edit the posts.

v2 will include a much more advanced To-Do implementation that might suit your needs

That's assuming the users upgrade to V2. I am not sure I can manage the costs that are associated with the user levels and may be stuck in the present version.

--------------------
If I make worthless posts with worthless information please do not blame me blame my age.
PMEmail Poster
lightman
Posted: September 03, 2008 04:22 am
Quote Post

The Janitor

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I gather from your reply that you are are looking for additions to the free version - not going to happen I'm afraid - no new features are planned or being added by developers. (The only time a feature gets added is to solve a wider issue, like the 3 decimal place tax calculation required in some states)

If you develop forum or calender functions that would work as an add-on module - we would be happy to list it on the downloads page smile.gif

--------------------
***** Unless otherwise stated, all replies refer to the following *****
====================================================================
--- The latest unmodified version of phpCOIN available from the phpCOIN download page on the date and time of this post.
--- All relevant HotFix files applied - One of the four included unmodified themes - The original language files .
--- Help will be given to install/configure/use phpCOIN, but not programming help to modify phpCOIN operations. If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out :)
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Inscrita el Registro Mercantil de Mallorca Tomo 2140, Hoja No. PM-51034, Folio 135
This website owned and operated by: Technology Services RPVW S.L. CIF# B57345084
Avda Constitucion 48 Bajos Alaro 07340 Baleares SPAIN
Tel:+34 971518362    Fax: +34 971518368    eMail: support@phpcoin.com